Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kuranda beds

I was wondering if anyone uses Kuranda brand/style beds in their kennels and how they like them? Also how do they hold up?

Re: Kuranda beds

I have one, and it is still in great shape. It may be the only thing that I've found that my gang will not destroy, and honestly, I'm going to buy more.

Re: Re: Kuranda beds

I have eight of them, various models and material styles.

If you have chewers, get the aluminum frames. I had one dog flip the bed over and chew the PVC legs, so they can be damaged.

If you have diggers/fluffers, get the most durable cover (don't recall which one).

They are easy to clean, are comfortable for the dogs and keep the dogs from getting calouses quite as badly.

If you are going to buy multiple beds at one time they do have a "kennel" rate. I only found out after I had replaced my other beds one at a time.

MK

You can make your own of these with pipe and the corners bought at a hardware store and make the covers yourself for a fraction of the cost.
Aloha,
jackie

Re: Re: Kuranda beds

Has anone tried this brand of dog cot :
http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/products.asp?CID=0&mscssid=8GV3SSPFAUPM9J1XATWK44LGSRPH92RD&BrowseList=4&dept_id=731

Just like to know how they hold up. The price looks reasonable.

I had four of them but my girls destroyed everyone Kuranda was great to work with as they sent me replacement parts and mats at "no charge". My girls destroyed them again so I gave up.

The aluminum bed with the 40 oz Vinyl fabric has been the only bed that my young laddie has been unable to chew up

Hi Scott,

We have three of them and they have been great! Even some of our serious bed chewing visitors have been able to enjoy having a bed....thanks to Kurunda!