Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Orijen Dog Food

Does anyone have any feedback in regards to this food?

Re: Orijen Dog Food

I send my puppies home on it. I really like this food.

I recently switched all of my dogs over to this and am pleased with the results so far. All my "dirty" ears cleared up within a bag and coats, which are just starting to come back in, look good so far...of course time will tell. I will say I'm in the US, and I am concerned about availability for puppy people. I was told by my distributor that the 6 fish will no longer be available in the states even though it just became available the beginning of the month! I know the place I buy it from can't keep it in stock....

Re: Re: Orijen Dog Food

Our 5 mo. old girl is eating Orijin and we love love love it. She can't seem to gobble it up fast enough. We're feeding lg. breed puppy and have been lucky enough to have a store 1 town S. of us start carrying it b'cause we requested it. He also has had trouble keeping it in stock so we make sure to have enough on hand just in case he can't get it in for a week or so. I know it can be hard to get ahold of here in the states but my very holistic vet insists this is the next best thing to all RAW and maybe better b'cause you don't need to worry about nutritional completeness in this diet, it's all there and then some without all the added junk you really don't want. I do have to note tho that i supplement with fish oil capsules for extra shiny supple coat.

Re: Re: Re: Orijen Dog Food

I was looking into it too and it's not even distributed in my state. I am not sure I can afford to SHIP food but it sure looked good. All their formulas seem grain-free.

Our dogs have been on this food for almost a year; 10 month old pup since he was weaned and all are doing very well! Coats are great, ear infection in one dog that was prone to them have stopped and my DH loves the fact there isn't as much poop to pick up!