Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreaded Fleas

My `Crew` hasn't had a flea problem in years until now. So, my question is has anyone had experience with any of these:

Advantage,
K-9 Advantix or
Frontline Plus

Re: Dreaded Fleas

I use Frontline primarily for ticks, but, knock on wood, haven't had a flea problem.

I would also try the Advantix...

Do you have concerns??? These are pretty well known, well used products. Did hear of a cat having neurological problems from them.....

Had a flea infestation yeeears ago when I had cats, during my "natural" phase where I didn't want to do chemicals. Wouldn't want that experience again for anything. I use frontline fairly religiously during tick season.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My `Crew` hasn't had a flea problem in years until now. So, my question is has anyone had experience with any of these:

Advantage,
K-9 Advantix or
Frontline Plus

Re: Re: Dreaded Fleas

These are all excellent products.....keep in mind that "ADVANTIXS" is for DOGS ONLY....however "Advantage" can be used on cats safely. I use Frontline Plus on my dogs and Advantage on my cats. The best thing to do in the future is to treat BEFORE you see fleas. When the hot weather starts begin applying a safe flea product to your pets. Then you don't have to deal with treating your house and kennel....

Re: Re: Re: Dreaded Fleas

If you already have an infestation, I might suggest Advantage first--it gets adults and the larvae and young adult stages.

Then switch to Frontline to keep the buggers away.

Good luck!

MK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dreaded Fleas

I have used Frontline for years. Never have fleas. I do not use Plus because have seen dogs with skin problems from that. The original works, so why go to the plus. We go out alot to shows, obedience, etc. So has always worked on fleas and tick. Alot of the catalogs have the best prices. Easy to order and you get it right away.

Re: Dreaded Fleas

I use and trust K-9 Advantix. Never had a problem with it, and with the advice of my vet even used it on it preg or nursing females with no problem--however I generaly do not use on preg or nursing females, I only do so if I have a current flea problem.