Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE SCOTEM

HI ANY ONE EXPERIENCE THIS, I HAVE A 17 MONTH OLD MALE THAT LICKED HIS SCOTEM RAW TOOK HIM TO THE VETS,IS ON ANTIBIOTICS ,PREDNISONE AND HAS TO WEAR ONE OF THOSE PLASTIC COLLARS SO AS NOT TO LICK ,POOR BOY IS MISERABLE

Re: SORE SCOTEM

By the way, it's scrotum...
I've had this happen to a young male once, turned out to be a contact inflammation due to some disinfectant that had pooled in the back corner of his crate; even though it dried up, on the way home from a show, some water got on it and his poor boys were sitting it in! He was so uncomfortable we stopped the car and checked, rinsed his testicles off with cool water, rinsed out the crate and resumed our trip.
It's such a sensitive area, the skin will injure quite easily and will take awhile to heal.
Sounds like, although this may not be the same thing exactly, your vet has things under control. Just be aware in this heat, that a plastic collar makes his face much hotter, so he may need to be crated with a fan on during the hottest times of the day.

I too have had problems, came from crate cleaner not being thoroughly rinsed.

Re: Re: SORE SCOTEM

But I think he has Sweaty Balls! roflmao

and it is scrotum ..please chill with all those caps and put some baking soda on his sweaty balls.

Re: Re: SORE SCOTEM

GLAD TO KNOW SOMEONE ELSE HAS EXPERIENCED THIS I FEEL SO BAD FOR HIM I DO HAVE A FAN GOING FOR HIM WHICH HE LOVES,THANKS

Re: SORE SCROTEM

BIG OUCH!

had this yrs ago "a boy of mine did, that is!!"

from beach mixture in run not being dilute or rinsed enough.

gold bond powder was what we used I think, it's been so long. Poor boy

Re: Re: Re: SORE SCOTEM

They can also get irritated from a rough indoor/outdoor type rug in the kennel. We use corn starch like you would on diaper rash, and cotton rugs for them to lay on.
Traci

Re: Re: SORE SCROTEM

Do you know why a dog licks himself?

Seriously, try using OTOMAX. This will work wonders for his sore spots. Used it, works on the boys' scrotums.

Good Luck.

Re: Re: Re: SORE SCROTEM

"Do you know why a dog licks himself?"

Ans: Because he can.

Good advice for the cap button too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: SORE SCROTEM

THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD ADVICE FROM DECENT PEOPLE,,THAT CARE TO COMMENT,UN LIKE SOME PEOPLE THAT HAVE SARCASTIC THINGS TO SAY!!!!!!

Lighten up and stop YELLING.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SORE SCROTEM

Please take your cap lock off, it appears as though you are yelling. Hope your boy feels better, there was some good advice given.

The name is lower case.
The body of the posting is all upper case on all posts.

Ever think someone's tryin' to get yer goat? Where's the ignore button on Bravenet?