Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whelping Supplies

Where do most order whelping supplies from?

Re: Whelping Supplies

KV Vet Supply or Fosters and Smith are two I use.
Plus I can get a lot of what I need at work which is nice.

http://www.whelpwise.com/testing/whelping-supplies.html

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Where do most order whelping supplies from?

If you are talking about hemostats and the like I ended up getting mine at a gun show of all places. Hubby is a certified range instructor and his passion is shooting sports. Turns out they use all that medical type equipment for working with those tiny screws and cleaning the equipment. They had everything from german made hemostats and sissors in all sizes, scapal blades, hospital tubing, skin staple gun, etc. Now I don't mind going with him as much! LOL!!!

On the same thought, what do you have in your kit.
What do you feel is a must have?

Re: Re: Whelping Supplies

It depends on what kind of supplies you are asking about? As for the list of what I have to whelp a litter it is betadine, hemostat, unflavored dental floss, scissors, bulb syringe, ky jelly, thermometor, and lots of towels and newspapers, and a scale to weigh the pups and some karo syrup for those slow to start pups that's about all I use to whelp a litter besides the whelping box.
Aloha,
jackie

Re: Re: Re: Whelping Supplies

Don't forget Pedialyte for Mom for a "quicker picker upper". I get most of these things that Jackie mentioned at WalMart.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Whelping Supplies

I use goats milk with half water and the karo syrup for energy for the bitch in whelp, don't use the pedialyte
Aloha,
Jackie