Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ahhhh What a Perfect Lab Sunday

The sun was up, the air cool. Off to the dog park with my two seniors. They are not there to run off steam, just enjoy. The 12 year old wandered, not far from me, the 10 year old put her nose in overdrive and checked out every bland of grass. In the gate arrived 2 ladies with 5 pugs, from adult to less than a year. What a hoot they were. Not my type but really interactive with my seniors and everyone having fun. Stooped down to chat with an adult pug who promptly backed up, sat on my foot and lifted his head back and grinned. Then all the kids took off to play, run, sniff, and just be what they were meant to be. Sat on the bench and watched, laughed at the antics, and thought, this is why God made dogs Sundays.
Ahhhhh, Sundays.

Re: Ahhhh What a Perfect Lab Sunday

It's a wonderful life! People need to be more like dogs.....

Glad you had such a relaxing day. Nice to read a pleasant post. I know they aren't for everyone but I can tell you that Labs and Pugs get along wonderfully. I have 4 pugs and 6 labs .
I spent the day outside working at a hunt test, perfect weather except that one dog did overheat (black dog out in the sun too long....owner was new to this and had dog out way too soon, dog was very hyper). Fortunately the dog will be fine.

So very nice to read a (positive) post.
I too enjoyed my day. I am now running on a few pups, and it is the nicest thing to wake to my little munchkins in the morning. No matter how tired I am, or what mood, just the happiness and love they give when they see you in the morning is wonderful. Pure love!