Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SVLRC Weekend!!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS OVER THE 4 DAY WEEKEND!!! MAJORS all 4 Days!! It was a hot weekend but this didn't slow any of the dogs down for showing all of us how beautiful they ALL are!! Thank you to everyone for bringing their dogs and exhibiting and braving the heat with us!! We had some people travel a great distance to our shows. It was fun and thank you for attending! Have a great fall, enjoy the cool down I hope soon and hope to see you at Golden Gate LRC.

Re: SVLRC Weekend!!

Wendy,

Thank you for putting on two great shows. The shows had such a friendly feeling to them. The hospitality was great and what an auction!! Yvonne Gillmore and her helpers out did themselves!!!

If you missed the show dinner, you really missed a great meal!!! The chicken was cooked to perfection and I loved the salad and beans.

Anyone who wanted to stop by, came for snacks and drinks at Debbie Morton's and Yvonne's trailers. We laughed so hard our stomachs and mouths hurt the next day. They even had people from other breeds stopping by to join the fun. Next year we will have to do it again. Potluck anyone?

Congratulations to all of the winners!

JanG

Thanks Wendy and the rest of the crew for putting on such a great show!!! Wendy Gai was a most excellent ring steward as was Mr. Wilhoit. It's always nice to have such positive people with great senses of humor to talk to first thing in the morning when picking up numbers!

The raffle prizes were great, although I didn't win anything, my friend Chris won enough for both of us!! LOL Good job Shelley and all those who helped organize it! Guess we're gonna save the wine for the Nationals as we didn't get a chance to drink it over the weekend.

It was very hot up there, but I was told it was not normally that warm as is evidenced by the heat wave all over California at the moment. Some friends and I did drive up to Tahoe (about an hour or so away) to escape the heat as it was a good 10-15 degrees cooler up there. The dogs really seemed to enjoy their swim in the cool Lake as well. Even my old gal Truly, who didn't want to swim, got her feet wet in the lake.

Although it seemed like a long weekend, I really did like the 4 day venue and hope that next year, it will be cooler. But it's nice to have so many majors available! The setting was just gorgeous though!

Thanks to all for putting on such a fun and friendly show!! Congratulations again to all the winners. Hope to see you all next year!!

Dianne

My hat is off to Wendy and all of the SVLRC members. The venue at Grass Valley is awesome. It is a paradise treat camping up there. Yes, the red clay dirt is a pain with yellow dogs. The meat bees are bad also but in between the skin so soft and lysol, we pretty well had it covered.
The BBQ dinner was superb. Wonderful after a long hot day of showing.
The raffle and auction put together by Yvonne Gilmore and Shelley Ellison as her assistant was awesome. Lots of wonderful and varied baskets and prizes to choose from. The displays were magnificent.
Things all appeared to go off without a hitch. Next year I would like you to ask the powers to be to make it a little cooler. Friday was well over 100 and each day cooled down to make it more livable.

Do keep Richard as your ring steward, whatever it takes. He is professional and just an all around great guy. Wendy Gai, you did an awesome job stewarding and also did a very nice job judging your Bred-By group.

Lastly, as Jan said, we had people come and visit and socialize with us from all over. We were laughing and carrying on and now have some very fond memories of this show. We will be there again next year, so if you did not come by and join us you must do so next year. Maybe we will do a pot luck and make it a grand affair. This will be a get together of friends. Staying on grounds here is like staying in the redwoods.

Debbie

Re: Re: SVLRC Weekend!!

Ditto what you said Debbie.

The show was wonderful, nice grounds, nice people and everything seemed to run very smoothly. Yes, a slight drop in temperature would be appreciated. Us folks from the North were literally melting.

Congrats to all the winners! Looking forward to next year.

Congrats to all the winners at this wonderful show...and to the SVLRC for putting on such a great show in such a great venue! Yes it was hot, but the 'ambiance' and friendly and happy attitude exhibited by all 'staff' and exhibitors really kept things cool!

LOVE the venue under the redwoods, and even though i made a 3 hour commute (each way) for all 4 days, i had a GREAT time!!! I'm looking forward to next year...

Kudos to all and thanks for a great weekend!

gcb

Thank you, to the entire SVLRC gang who made this fantastic show yet another great experience! Beautiful scenery, lovely dogs, wonderful people and SO much fun!

In spite of the heat wave, it was a "cool" weekend!

Great job, guys! I will definitely be making these shows a tradition!