Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Midwest Side by Side Crates

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience/ feedback about these crates http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/ProductPages/Champ-SS.asp

We have a TrailBlazer SUV and are looking at crate options for traveling to shows. If I get the standard 36 crate, its too wide to fit two in the rear.

Re: Midwest Side by Side Crates

I have them and they fit great in my Ford Windstar. I can put them in the back and then use 2 side door crates right behind the drivver & Passenger seats. My Windstar has 2 sliding doors so the side door crates work well too. I can get 4 crates in the Windstar that way!
Janice

I have 2 of these in the back of my toyota sienna and i have a dog buddy who has 2 in the back of her honda odyssey, in both mini vans there is room for stuff (soft crates folded, jumps etc) on the sides.

barb

I have the 21" wide crates too and also have a Windstar. If the side door crates will fit too that would be great! I need to transport 3 dogs maybe 4 in a couple weeks - I have a side door crate and can borrow another .
I am going to go measure and see if they will fit too. Going to go measure right now and will let you know.

The original question was about the 21" ---I think they are great - I have had them for a long time.

Measure your vechile and see if they will fit! I expect that they will.

Went out and measured and it looks like 2 side door crates will also fit in the Windstar if anyone is interisted in that - there will be absolutely no room to spare though and I will have to actually put all 4 crates in before I really believe it!
the 21' wide side by sides do fit easily though!

Thanks

Re: Re: Midwest Side by Side Crates 42" or 36"?

which are you using so you can fit 4?????

Re: Re: Re: Midwest Side by Side Crates 42" or 36"?

I have the Mid West sid by side crates that the first poster mentioned 21' wide 36 " long and the Mid West double door crates 24" wide 36" long. I just went out and actually moved things around in my Windstar and yes , when I get the second 2 door crate I will be able to fit 4 crates in the van and it's not going to be as tiight a fit as I thouht it would be.It's nice to have a sliding door on each side of the van - I couldn't fit them like this otherwize.

My van has bucket seats in the second row and right now I have it set up to be able to carry 3 crates - it's going to be easy to take the second bucket seat out too and be able to fit the 4th crate in. With the seat in though I can carry 3 crates & 3 people easily.

My best advise is to measure carefullly if you hhave a different veh. but it can be done. Those side by side narrow crates are wonderful!