Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yellow stud dog

I feel that temperament is sooo important, but how many stud dogs do you really know? Of the yellow studs currently being used widely, who do you think has a great temperament?

Re: Yellow stud dog

Well he is By, but I LOVE my Rozzay Hunt Club Clayview Grady kids and grandkids. Such great dogs to live with. There isn't a mean bone in their bodies, they are athletic, they are gorgeous.

Re: Re: Yellow stud dog

I met Gordie (Ch Boradors By George) a few years ago and was impressed with what a big, sweet teddy bear he is. The offspring I've met are sweeties too.

I wish we had more responses to this.

They ALL DO! They're Labradors!!!

No, unfortunately due to greed they do not.

I too have Gordie grandkids, by way of Gaeta Creek Joyful Jasper, they are love bugs! I also have a Striker (Ch. Janlon's Light My Fire)daughter who is the picture of a well -mannered, easy going, smart show girl. Having spent many hours with both of these sires, I can safely say that they both are kind, loveable yellow mushes.

Dogs don't know greed, only owners do. They are happy!

I too have Gordy grandkids with excellent temperaments. Also Marty kids and grandkids just as sweet.

Re: Re: Re: Yellow stud dog

"Marty" meaning Lubberline?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Yellow stud dog

Lubberline Martingale "Marty".

I have to second that on Gordy. We made a trip out to Maryland for my girl's breeding and was thrilled to be able to spend time with him in person. My 9 year-old son was in love with him and got to spend a little time playing with him. My Gordy kids are sweeties too. :)

Did you mean Lubberline Martingale?

I have had the pleasure of meeting a few that are just wonderful. Gordy however stands out and the offspring I have from him are wonderful.

I met Julie's boy Mojo at the Southern Calif Specialty this past April. He is a big ol yellow teddy bear if there ever was one !! He is known for his fabulous temperament as well.

Yes, Lubberline Martingale

I have "Chute" kids from Lubberline. They are wonderful. Great temperments, very loving and loyal and absolutley gorgeous!! All the families the puppies went to are so happy...only complaint they have is they are "Lapradors" and couches are not big enough for everyone
I am so pleased with the pups from this breeding.
Great thread.....
Here is another question to throw out there...How do you feel about repeat breedings? If you use a sire and love the out come, do you dare try it again???

I have a "Laprador" Chute kid that will sit on my lap when I'm sitting on a kitchen chair. The amazing part, she's 8 months old, 65 lbs.! She will also sit on my oak porch swing and swing with me and stand on a bathroom scale with all four paws. Great disposition.

A long time breeder told me once not to repeat a breeding - for the same reasons that Mary R Williams states in her book Reaching for the Stars: "another reeason I do not repeat even a good mating is that with a limited number of bitches I want as many viewpoints on any one brood bitch as I can get, also as I will want to intermingel the progeny as I have described in my method of line-breeding, so a series of puppies of identical breeding are no use to me, whereas the progeny of a given good bitch to several different dogs can be 'plaited' together to form my breeding programme three or four years hence".

Yes, Mojo, Ch Eikholdt's Mojo O'Crosswinds, has a fantastic temperament. He has stayed at my place a few times and lives in our guest house while here. He's a perfect guest and it has allowed me to appreciate his wonderful temperament.

Another boy that I had stay with me, and who I have kids by is Surshot Hyspire Pure Country. Nash is a exceptional boy, very easy going. The two girls I have from him are just awesome! They get along with all dogs and people. Very sweet and nothing bothers them.

Dianne

I've got Marty kids too and their temperaments are aboslutely wonderful.

Aloha,
Kim

Chablais Phoenix is a great boy, super happy attitude and a correct coat!! also a young yellow boy Enzo is one I am watching closely there for the future, he is line bred on BISS CH Chablais Olivia "oooooooooo la la"

another beautiful up and coming yellow boy to watch grow up is this fella : http://elhidlabs.com/Joe.html

I would bet given his pedigree that he is another big teddy bear with a super sweet disposition !!

Thanks for the input. Some really stand out from the crowd.

I had the pleasure of meeting Elhid's Average Joe as a 3 month old and then again later in the 6-9 group. He's a love bug. He could sit on my lap any day.