Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very confused ?

ok here we go i had brought a 4 year old girl in for a scedualed c section on her 62 nd day she had problems in the past so i was going to spay her. well the pups where moving around before we went in to the Vets office she only had 2 pups they where both Fat Well they both died we tried everything for almost 1 hr they never even took there first breath i was wondering do you think her used the wrong Medication to put Mom down or to much anyone with same problem thanks

Re: Very confused ?

So sorry for your loss. Its never easy.

Prayers for your sweet babies at Rainbow Bridge.

I have never had a C-section but Propofol is the anesthesia that is best for the pups.

Oh my gosh, can't help you... but I'm so sorry for your loss.

Re: Re: Very confused ?

I am so sorry also. Have had C sections but not sure about the medicine. Sure someone will come on with the right answer. Thoughts are with you and the babys you lost.

Yep, happened to me. Wrong anesthic, too much of it...9 pups - dead.
So sorry for your loss.

Yep ...lost 8 pups due to overdose of the pups. File a complaint with he Vet board. Get 1 dead pup and have someone due a necropsy quick! I did and they dound toxic levels of Ketamine Valium.

I know how you feel..so sorry. Hang in there

Yep ...lost 8 pups due to overdose of the pups. File a complaint with he Vet board. Get 1 dead pup and have someone due a necropsy quick!
I did and they found toxic levels of Ketamine Valium.

I know how you feel..so sorry. Hang in there

I'm sorry that you lost your puppies. The anesthesia that our vet uses is Isoflorane. The other question I would have is - how you might have calculated day 62? When we have a c-section scheduled for some of our girls - we run a progesterone test to make sure they are ready to be delivered. I think the level needs to be below 5.

Re: Re: Re: Very confused ?

Find out immediately what anesethic they used?
Were you there the entire time?
What pre anesethic did they use?

Sorry about the sp

at my work we use just iso. it can take a little longer for the dog to go down to be tubed, but in the end she also wakes up a lot faster to be with her pups.
adam

thanks to all for your feedback Adam what is ISO i would like to bring it up with my vet thanks

I'm not Adam but I can awnser your question. ISO is the inhalled anesthetic they use to keep you dog out during the surgery. I would be more conserned about what they used to "induce her" like a previouse poster said, ket/val is a no no. It's better to mask them down with the ISO alone. So sorry about you pups.

isofluorane.

I'm so very sorry about the loss of your pups.

Question - you mentioned it was "day 62" - day 62 from when? The breeding? A progesterone test?

I always do progestarone tests this time i did not It was 62 from her first breeding we only did 2 AIs Her temp started to drop i do feel the time was right with the temp and all

Actually something did happen to my last C-Section
I believe it wasn't an over dose.But to long under which yes could be an over dose..The vet had her out for close to 10 mins while debeaking a parakeet.
The uterine sac was dry. Of course my vet allows me to observe and help with the pups. And lost a nice big boy on the table. slow to come out of his sleepy state. And all of them were slow.

I will make sure next time that my vet has no other appts while we are coming in for a CS.
The first CS she had the singleton. Moving around alot. And Grace woke up sooner.
But not this time. Propathol was used.