Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Common courtesy

I must bring something up that has bothered me since frequenting labrador lists, boards or forums-whatever you would like to call them.

When someone posts a win or any other proud situation [occasionally called a brag] for a friend or themselves, why can't everyone be humble and congratulate the party? Why is it usually only a clique, their group of friends or someone they are looking to impress?

It does feel good to have people congratulate you on something you have worked very hard for.

I have seen some announcements go completely unanswered or lightly so; not just on this list but on others. I do my best to congratulate all but I am sometimes fearful I will be shunned if I respond to what is considered the wrong one with my name.

What happened to what Mother and Father taught us as children which was common courtesy and manners?

Re: Common courtesy

I agree, all who have worked so hard should be congratulated...and they should be proud...I am new to showing although I have taken classes on and off for years, and I hope to someday accomplish just a little bit of what so many others already have.....Kudos to all of you who work so hard to train your fur family and to educate the public!

How dull is it to read 30 congratulation posts...........why not e mail the winners privately.

Re: Re: Common courtesy

What a ridiculous remark! If you don't like it, don't read it. I, for one enjoy reading the remarks. It helps me place people with dogs.

I think part of the problem is that there is a few that never stop bragging and we all get tired of them to be blunt. I always congratulate because I know how exciting it feels to win too. But like I said there are those few that are relentless in looking for attention.

There are no humble people that hang out here! LOL

Re: Re: Common courtesy

I agree- my time to read the list is limited. If I want to congratulate someone I email them privately. Seems to me it means more that way. I don't read responses to the list following a brag- I know what they will all say.

Re: Re: Re: Common courtesy

You're right, if someone finds it boring [would they find it boring if it were them or their friend?] then don't read it. That option always exists, a clue is the subject of the post and how many replies there are.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

What a ridiculous remark! If you don't like it, don't read it. I, for one enjoy reading the remarks. It helps me place people with dogs.

You're so right. Everyone is so quick to write a derogatory reply but few take the time to say something nice.

Re: Re: Re: Common courtesy

Not so, I will congratulate privately by e-mail.