Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3V Caps supplements?

This product contains fish oil (source of omega-3 fatty acids), plus A, D, and E. Anyone try this or something similar? My vet says that everyone is using it for all sorts of things from allergies to arthritis.

Re: 3V Caps supplements?

Hey Sharon,
I've been using 3V Capsules for about five years now. It's good for skin, heart, and joints. All three of my dogs get a capsule twice daily. I think it's a great product!

I just started using Welactin Omega 3. It isn't a capsule, but
a liquid to go over their food. It is made by Cosequin. The downfall
to this is that it won't last long. So we are trying it on our two
young chocolates who have a bit of a dull coat. No signs of any difference
yet.

Re: Re: 3V Caps supplements?

I have been using Efavite HP for my girl with the skin issues. It was recommended by my vet; not sure if it really helps, but she does have a beautiful coat. Can't hurt, I figure! Btw, we have ruled out a fungus (causing the flaking) and have decided it's got to be hormonal. Hopefully we're over the worst of it. ~Nancy

I Sharon,
I used it for years and it was good stuff, the fish oil however for coats works just as well IMHO... reason I first started using it was I had a girl that had PRA from my old australian lines who had PRA and the vet said if you gave that it would slow down the progression of blindness, she ended up being able to see until she was about 9, don't know if that helped her or not....
Aloha,
Jackie

Wow, Jackie, that's really interesting about the fish oil helping with retinal health! That could be revolutionary information for people with PRA-affected dogs.
The more I hear and read about Omega 3 fatty acids the more I am impressed with their effects.
I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue (for 26 years!) and I was recently told to try the Omega 3 fish oil caps. So far I think it seems to help!

Re: Re: 3V Caps supplements?

Yep it was very interesting when he told me to keep the dog on the 3V caps for PRA, the eye doc too was impressed that she still had some sight left at that age, she lived till she was 14 1/2 and she was a very sweet dog, luckly she was never bred from as she also have mild hd when I did her OFA's
Aloha,
Jackie