Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Celebrities that own Labs

I wondered if anyone knows what famous people own or have owned Labradors.
I know of -
Bill Clinton
Clint Black
Donny Osmond

And of course Queen Elizabeth

Re: Celebrities that own Labs

henry Kissinger

Re: Re: Celebrities that own Labs

Russian President Vladimir Putin, Bob Dylan, Queen Sophia of Spain, Kevin Costner, former dictator in Rumania Nicolae Ceausescu, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden (owns a yellow male called Jambo, it's the King's third or fourth Lab), Athina Onassis when she still lived in Europe with her father and Swedish step-mother), British singer Bryan Ferry. To name a few:-)

Kirk Douglas.

Michael Douglas also
Lance Armstrong

Seen at least two pics of Jim Carrey recently in mags with his two 'new' Labrador puppies on the beach. A blk and a yellow.

NASCAR driver Jimmy Johnson has 2 yellow labs and I think a few other drivers have Labs!! GO NASCAR!!!

andy griffith

hal holbrook and his wife ? from the show designing women

Hal's wife is Dixie Carter!!

Don't forget Jack Hanna's yellow girl Tasha.

Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Jamie Moyer (used to pitch for the Seattle Mariners) has two yellows Labradors, one he got from me!

Tim Brokaw From NBC nightly news.

Finola Hughes of All My Children/General Hospital

Butch Harmon, Tiger Woods' former coach and Phil Mickelson's current

Hockey player Brendan Shanahan (who my Shanny is named for).

Kenneth Cole, the designer owns two yellow labradors. One is a very large boy bred by a dear friend and his second one is a girl, both yellow. He occasionally has them on the runway with his models and is a superb home for any pet. Him and his family treat them royally, something we all want in our pet homes

I had the opportunity to place a girl in his home however I was perhaps too honest. He wanted a tiny girl as his boy was well over 100 lbs. I didn't feel my litter would provide him with what he was looking for and told him so. Surprise, the girl wound up as large if not larger than the girls in my litter. His family wound up with a sweet, healthy girl from a breeder with similar lines to what I had bred. All that matters is him and his family have healthy, well bred good looking labradors that they are very happy with and both breeders are happy with the home their pups were placed into.

Many celebs can be great homes so don't ever discount them until you check them out totally. I didn't feel comfortable with a Giants football player a few years back who's contract was not being renewed. I was fearful of him and his wife not taking a pup with them to a new city as I would be with anyone who's plans were up in the air. We can check out celebrities as well if not better at times as any other potential pet home.

Matthew McConaughey has a yellow lab.

Donny OSmond
Sarah McLachlan

Re: Re: Re: Celebrities that own Labs

Golfer, Greg Norman
Retired Jet Football player, Greg Buttles

Let's not forget about Ron and Raven (she was a black lab). They co-hosted the show Backroads on ESPN for a year. I don't even know Ron's last name, but he was on TV. Furthermore, Raven was a grand old girl and did a lot to convert many outdoorsman to Labradors. Also Bob Barker once had a Labrador named Winston. I also believe Rod Stewart has a Labrador named Mrs. Potts. designer Tommy Hilfiger also has a yellow Lab. Also Pete Sampras (Tennis), Clint Black, Greg Norman (golfer), Queen Koningin Beatrix (Netherlands) and Penelope Ann Miller (actress).

Milt Wilcox (ex-pitcher for the Detroit Tigers) has a black Lab named Sparky, named for Sparky Anderson. Milt does Dock Dog stuff with Sparky (the dog, not the manager)

Nolan Ryan always had Labs too.

Howard Stern had a Chocolate girl, Java, who he lost in his divorce.

Re: Re: Re: Celebrities that own Labs

I was watching an old Martha Stewary this morning and Jennifer Garner came on with her yellow Lab she'd named Martha. The bitch did a trick where she would turn up her nose at store-bought treats but eagerly sit for a home-made one. Very cute, but which bitch am I talking about? Just kidding. I'm a fan of the human Martha Stewart too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrities that own Labs

I know Michael Keaton had one.

Speaking of hockey players.....Scott Stevens, former Captain of the New Jersey Devils, Stanley Cup & Conn Smythe Trophy winner and future Hall of Famer has a lovely black boy called Scout.

I was approached years ago by an agent for Richard Prior; he wanted two black male puppies. This was after Prior's freebasing fiasco and before it was known he had a serious illness, was it MS? (It's been so long I don't remember!)
I told the woman that I would never place a puppy (especially two) with someone I had not met before, and if Mr. Prior would be the primary caretaker, I would need to meet with and talk to him extensively before even considering such a placement. The agent very emphatically told me that would not be possible, so---no sale!
Not sure if he ever got his black males or not!

Dan Wilson, ex-Mariners' catcher, owns/owned a Lab
And doesn't Oprah own a Lab or two?

Re: Re: Celebrities that own Labs/Another one

I forgot to mention Mohamed Al Fayed, the Harrods owner in London. He has several Labs. They can be seen on Mr Al Fayed's webpage.
MAF is the father of Dodi, Princess Diana's boyfriend, who was killed with her in the crash in Paris ten years ago.

Re: Re: Re: Celebrities that own Labs/Another one

Oprah has goldens.....

Rosie O'Donnell, Kathy Griffen, Ray Romano

Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrities that own Labs/Another one

Ted Nugent hunts with his

Paula Dean has or had a yellow Lab that gets to sample her food on her cooking show. Eric Braeden (plays Victor Newman on the Young and the Restless) has a yellow male, Zapata, that appears on the show with him.

Marco Iragorri has a few

Doesn't Adam Sandler own a yellow?

So do I!!!

...LOVE it!

"Marco Iragorri has a few ".......celebrity?