Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Microchips cause of cancer

http://www.healthfreedom.info/SHFN%20Newsletter%20Sept%208,%202007.htm

Has anyone read about this microchip causing malignant tumors in dogs ?

Re: Microchips cause of cancer

I don't know of any dog people using the VeriChip on their dogs. Most are AVID and Home Again and not of the type that the article is talking about.

What is the difference between these chips and the chips that are used for dogs?

Re: Re: Microchips cause of cancer

They can be tracked. The ones usedon dogs need to be scanned.

"They can be tracked. The ones used on dogs need to be scanned"

But when they are talking about them causing cancer are they ONLY talking about this one specific kind of chip? I didn't get that impression when I read the other article that someone posted. It sounded like the studies they did found that there was a significant finding of cancer associated with microchips.

http://www.spychips.com/blog/2007/09/rfid_cancer_story_catalyst_lov.html

Found the above, haven't read all the info yet as it has some links to follow.
Was curious though because hubby said there was something on the news this morning and I told him I thought it was just one type chip, but he said that wasn't the impression he got from the news report.

Interesting what the one link says about mice. I read some of this rather quickly, but another thing that was interesting if I read it correctly, it was mentioned was that there were only 2 cases dug up in a 4 month investigation by the reporter involving tumors at the microchip injection site and one of those couldn't be confirmed that it was related to the microchip.

Will have to go back and read more closely and follow all the links. I could see where it all could cause hysteria and panic when all you hear is that it's thought that microchips can cause cancer in dogs.

Please get back with us and let us know what your research finds. Thanks for searching for us too.

Yes, I'd like to know more too. I've always been a bit uncomfortable with the though of something foreign being injected into my dog....and possibly migrating, but this sounds like something new to be concerned with.