Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pine sap

Any suggestions for getting pine sap out of Labbie paws????
TIA for any ideas.

Re: pine sap

I used to use Avon Skin So Soft to get pine sap off my horses, I bet it would work pretty well.

Avon's Skin-So-Soft works great!

Re: Re: pine sap

Peanut Butter- work it in good- and let them clean it off themselves.
Veg oil does the trick too!

Takes gum out of hair- pine sap out of fur and all kinds of sticky stuff out of anything.

I second the vegtable oil. Skin so soft, being an oil based product, should work well too. I've used vegtable oil to remove tar. He walked right through a "puddle" of it when we were redoing the roof

WD40 works great on pine sap, bubble gum - almost anything sticky (yes, I've actually had to try it on dogs & kids).

I just keep a small baby oil on hand in the Lab supplys. Put some on the spot and comb it right out.
Always works and nothing there to hurt the coat.

Re: Re: Re: pine sap

Thank you!

I don't think i'd want to spray wd40 in my child's hair for bubble gum- nor would i put something like that in my dog's fur. That's just me though. But wd40 works great on scuff marks from black soled shoes

olive oil, margarine, W-D 40, peanut butter,
Make sure you use a good dish detergent to get the oil out once the gum is gone, Dawn or Palmolive works great.

Toothpaste, the old fashioned kind, with a bit of abrasive salycilates in the paste (not the gel kind).
Rub the hair and the toothpaste between your fingers, and use a flea comb to comb it out. Rub with a wet cloth. Never fails for me! (toothy smile!)

Do you happen to live in beautiful Montana?