Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SEP (Stop Eating Poop) 3.5oz.

ANYONE EVER USE IT? IT'S MADE BY SOLID GOLD.

Re: SEP (Stop Eating Poop) 3.5oz.

I have used it quite a few times....it worked great for me as long as I kept giving it to the guy with the tasty poop. As soon as I stopped giving it to him it was back to the back door cafe for my poop eater.

It may to to soon to tell, but we have been putting a capful of vinegar in the food morning and evening, adding a little water to moisten and I haven't noticed this nasty behavior in about a week. Granted I don't watch every second but it was getting to be a trend around here. There sure is lots more to pick up. The youngest one approches her bowl with some caution but eats it up as soon as she figures out it won't go away. It hasn't decreased their appetites one little bit. Ann

Re: Re: SEP (Stop Eating Poop) 3.5oz.

I too started the dogs on vinegar on tablespoon a day and no more poop eating, I have been giving garlic pills also so didn't know what stopped the bad behavior. Mine too go with caution on the food but still eat it although a bit slower which is a good thing.
Aloha,
Jackie

Vinegar is very acidic. Aren't you afraid of erroding the enamel off the teeth over time? Tooth sensitivity?

white?? vinegar

ACV or regular white or wine? I take ACV with a little honey in water daily for digestion.

My tootsie roll girl usually takes up the habit only in winter. I am x-ing my fingers that she has finally grown out of this, but time will tell when the weather gets cold. I shall try the vinegar if she does. I have also used SEP, not with much success. I only fed it to the other dogs, not to the muncher.

Apple cider vinegar is what I have been using
Aloha,
jackie

I doubt that over the lifespan of a dog it would matter about the enamel wearing off... it's not like they live for a hundred years sad as that is, I wish mine would live as long as me but that's not a reality.
Aloha,
Jackie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Vinegar is very acidic. Aren't you afraid of erroding the enamel off the teeth over time? Tooth sensitivity?

I have used apple cider vinigar off and on for years for ear issues and flakey and/or itchy skin.

Found out about it years ago in Pitcairn's book on holistic treatment for dogs and cats.

It has never detered my poop eaters.

I give 1 tbspn in food with water daily and I don't think it would hurt teeth as it is diluted and such a small amount.