General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
peta anti-breeder ads

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/09/whats_up_now_br_1.php

according to them we are all the enemy.

Re: peta anti-breeder ads

Unbelievable how many people are beginning to look at it this way.
Noticed that they do have places for commentaries not that it would change Peta but maybe someone else.

Yes you should leave comments! Don't get too specific on your location though.

Re: Re: peta anti-breeder ads

That is unbelievable!!! These people need to grow up and see the truth! I don't see any problem with adopting animals from shelters, i think it is a really good thing if someone does that and saves a pet, but there is no reason to bash us reputable breeders and blame us for the thousands of pets that are euthanized. I work closely with a rescue shelter for cats and dogs. We all work very hard to find all of these animals a home. It is unfair that we are blamed for these problems. At least when someone purchases a dog from us they know what the parents are like, they know that we have done everything to prevent heriditary problems, and they know that should there be a problem we, the BREEDER, will be there to help them through it and offer advice. Heck, it's just my opinion of the whole thing.
-E.

See the "Peta Kills Animals" billboard in Times Square.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

At least someone is fighting back!

To the many organizations that came about when AB 1624 tried to pass in California. Peta and HSUS are gearing up for another try this year. The only way to fight back is to attend the hearings, and donate to the organizations that help us!

Be aware that all comments left have to be approved by the blog owner. How much do you want to bet that most *con* comments are never posted?

They are posting the comments all right! And we aren't only puppy mills but we are dog fighters now too!

Opened my hubbie's Sport Illustrated today and Wow
they have taken out a full page ad.

looks okay until....I quote" Animal Birth Control. Save lives:Always spay or neuter your animals, and never buy them from a breeder or pet store"

Hold on....they've put us in the same league as pet shops!
Really gets my hackles up!

I'm offended also because I work tirelessly to protect our breed and enjoy my hobby responsibly. But I don't like being lumped in with "Jack" the "silver is a natural color" breeder or with "Curious" who thinks she's heard a calling to mass produce dogs for the pet market either.

Is it that we can't agree what constitutes a good Breeder or when the arguing starts we're bullied into silence? If we can't or won't separate the good from the bad on this list, in our dog clubs and to the public, we're going to go down with them.

Well put and we need to forget our little battles and our differances and keep on track. This is how they confuse us and get us fighting amoung ourselves, rather putting a positive effort into protecting our business our Hobby whatever it is and all the pure bred dogs. I have been too shows were they have said that Peta was there and lock your crates! We put locks on the crates, now I don't know if it was a fear campaign that Peta had, but it sure scared us!

Sonds like Sports Illustrated needs to hear from the other side (US). Letters to the Editor might help them see our side. If it doesn't, at least we can fill up their mail boxes, email box and FAX machines.
They just hate that.

Let's get the letter campaign going.