Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Worming Questions

Ok I never get to brag much out here..BUT the frozen implant worked. Candy is pregnant, HUGE & due on 9/20. My question is about worming. I have heard so many different stories. What age(s) and what to use? That is my question. We are doing an X-ray this afternoon so I can get a better headcount. I am out of town after today so we are doing it a few days early. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. This is not my first litter..I just have had worm problems in the past and want to curb it early! THANKS!!!!!

Re: Worming Questions

Panacur from your vet is safe for prego girls. Pups should be de wormed at 2 4 6 8 weeks of age, Strongid, again from your vet. Each your vet will tell you how to use, goes by weight.

Same here. My vet gave me enough Strongid for 6 months. Administered it to the pups and the ditch at 2, 4, 6 and 8 weeks.

Did I say ditch? How about mumsy?

Re: Re: Worming Questions

I think she might have meant worming her bitch,, I was told to worm once the week prior to delivery and the use strongid or panacur and worm for 3 days in a row starting on the end of the day the puppies were delivered as the stress of the whelping causes encysted worms to migrate through the mammary tissue into the puppies. Hope this helps....