Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Funny Labradors

Can anyone think of the funniest thing that happened in the ring with there labradors. I was thinking of this and I could write a book on the things that happened to me with this wonderful, silly breed.
Like,showing one of my boys and in front of the judge went and stuck his nose up my skirt, so far you could see my slip and almost everything else.
Also, doing grad. novice, had a really good obedience labrador.In the ring, on the long down he used to crawl forward when the judge wasn't looking. It was hysterical, because he knew when to stop right before the judge would look. It would happen when the judge wasn't paying attention, if the judge stood there and watched them, he wouldn't move. I almost got NQ'd once because the judge didn't see him, but said that he was sure the dog wasn't in the same spot as were I left him!
I really think our labs are born comedians

Re: Funny Labradors

My funniest (well, not at the time) was when a judge was going over one of my black boys in the ring . She was wearing a beautiful flower on her lapel and as she bent over my boy he very deftly bit the head off the flower and ate it. She was just left with a sprig of leaves and no flower! She did see the funny side thank goodness and placed my boy in his class!

Re: Re: Funny Labradors

That's hysterical and I can so see it happening.

When Sadie was in a show - 6-9 month class, I think - when the judge was checking her bite, Sadie proceeded to kiss her all over her face. She took a second place so...? When I went to scold Sadie the judge said,' Now you just let her be herself. We like this too!"

I could tell you a story about what happened to a breeder/handler with her funny boy. He jumped up on her during the exam and pulled her entire skirt to the ground. The handler had lost weight and sort of cobbed a tailoring job by using only paper clips or something like that. Luckily she has a terrific personality and got through the embarrassment. I would have died right then and there. Now I've had several moments in the obedience ring in particular that have caused me great embarrassment. I was tied for 2nd place in Open A and had a run-off with a bassett hound. O.K. no need here to warm up...this is a bassett hound for crying out loud! Well, to make a short story shorter my boy NEVER got up on the heal command and I went clear across the ring doing all the sits, slow and about turn...there he was sitting pretty in the starting gait! All the bassett had to do was get up which he did just fine. Bassett Hound 2nd place, labrador retriever 3rd. I still hugged my boy and laughed.

Re: Re: Funny Labradors

Oh that is a riot!!! Love it You can only love them!

Re: Re: Re: Funny Labradors

My girl had titled the day before in open Obedience. I had entered the next day as a back up leg. On the retrieve over the high jump, she went out like a frieght train. Jumped the jump grabbed the dumbell ran up to the jump stopped and peaked around the corner of the jump. Wagging her tail and looking at the judge and the crowd. They all just roared with laughter and she just ate it up. Silly girl.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Funny Labradors

Just remembered another funny incident. My boy was 24 1/2 inches tall,about 95lbs. He was gracious to all but had favorite people. He was at a hunt test and the judge was a good friend. After quartering a very muddy field, he ran up to her and jumped in the air licked her face, and back into heal position with out ever putting a muddy paw on her. The co judge asked what the heck was that about and she just replied. Oh that's just my friend Indi. He also had to be handled by a trainer at a test. While quartering the field, he kept going over to the gunner who had the real gun. The handler had the fake gun and he knew the difference. The handler kept calling him back and he would look over his shoulder and keep quartering for the gunner Silly boy