Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speaking of coat enhancers

I started to give my boy Nupro with his food in hope he'd get more coat. I didn't see much of a change after a few months, but now he won't eat his food without it . I've tried crating him with his food and he still won't eat. Anyone else experience anything like this

Re: Speaking of coat enhancers

I have found that with the Nupro you really don't notice how much "extra" coat you get with it until they blow their coats.

Re: Re: Speaking of coat enhancers

Diane- I too have a girl that is on Nupro (joint supplement) and when I was running low on it last month she didn't want to eat. I was waiting for the next supply to arrive so was being cautious with amounts until it arrived. I used a little bit but watered it down some as with her it is all about the senses. She dove right in after that so maybe wheening him off that way as well may help. Use less each day and watering it down until nothing. JMHO

Re: Re: Re: Speaking of coat enhancers

Remeber it also has antioxidants in it that are crucial for good health, you may not see it on the outside but it it hard at work on the inside. Also if your dogs coat/health wasn't the best before it may take longer to show results as the Nupro is "fixing" free radical damage as well. Soemtimes you may need to double the dose until you see results and then cut to a maintenence dose. My girls come back into coat faster after they blow from whelping and they seem to hold onto their coats longer after they whelped than before...

Re: Speaking of coat enhancers

I used to use Nupro. Now I just give the dogs canned sardines in water once or twice a week. Cheaper and I see the difference within a couple of weeks.