Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy Canines

I would like to get some thoughts on puppy teeth.
A vet told a puppy buyer that there was a problem with the bite of a puppy I bred.The puppy is 9 weeks old.

Seems as thought the vet thought that the upper and lower incissors should have met (level bite) and that the puppy has an over bite (scissor bite)

I know that the bite is scissors because it was checked several times, the buyer would like to try to show this puppy.

The vet also made a comment about the fact that the lower canines touch the upper gum area, and has made a slight indentation, though there is more wound or trauma and doesnt affect the eating of the puppy.

I would like to get some thought on how best to handle this and explain this to the new owner.

I believe that the canines touching the upper gums shouldnt have any effect on the ring potential of the dog, and I have offered to refund the purchase of the puppy and the check up fee.

How should I explain this, is it a problem?

Thanks for any help

Re: Puppy Canines

Did you mean "there is NO wound or tauma"...maybe you can suggest a second opinion...it can't hurt...I had a vet that would get quite annoyed because he thought my lab was too fat...she wasn't fat at all...she is show bred and looks great...good luck

Re: Puppy Canines

9 weeks? Stop worrying. Don't look in the mouth again until most of the adult teeth come in.

Re: Re: Puppy Canines

Yes I meant no trauma, things looked good to me, it was late and the fingers didnt work well