Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wysong Archetype

I am investigating a good quality "natural" dog food to feed my dogs. I am interested in a less-processed, less grain-based close to raw food without being raw. I have researched raw diets quite a bit and I know raw has it's fans, but at this time I do not want to do this, for a variety of reasons.
I would like some feedback on anyone who feeds or has fed Wysong, particularly Archetype. Would you feed any of the Archetype line to puppies? I know the Wysong website has a lot of information, I would just like to get some practical feedback from those who have used it. TIA!

Re: Wysong Archetype

ANYONE use Wysong foods of any kind on their Labradors?

Robin, I was hoping you would get some replies as I just switched one of mine over to this. I could never get a nice firm stool on my boy with numerous different foods, including different protien sources. I put him on Anergen (the lamb and rice) to start with. It is too soon to tell as I just switched this week but so far it looks like it is going well in regards to the poop patrol.

Re: Re: Wysong Archetype

Evo is the one that I use that is the closest to raw in a kibble. Firm stools. Not quite as much either.

Donna

Re: Re: Re: Wysong Archetype

I tried EVO and had nothing but the squirts.

Thanks, I will also check into Evo. I don't have any allergy problems with my guys, knock on wood, so maybe the loose stools would not be an issue for my dogs. I know my feed store does carry EVO and some of the more "natural" types of dog foods, and their prices are pretty good.
I'm still interested in the Wysong products, though, as it seems so well researched and the concepts behind the foods make sense to me. I just would like some feedback on the Wysong foods.

I started mine on Innova Evo (not the red meat kind) about 2 months ago and they are doing great - they also did great on Diamond and on ProPlan, so go figure. I am into "natural" stuff, but also not ready to go Raw, so this seemed the best that was available where I live. Poops are fine - no loose stools at all, and my girl actually only goes once a day, or sometimes everyother day. I like it - I think the girl is also losing some weight too!