Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Camera's what would you get

If you where getting ready to buy a camera what would you get that would be good for the capturing of our labs and puppies

Re: Camera's what would you get

I love my digital Olympus SP-350 with the extra big memory card! But I am sure there are many other good ones out there.

Re: Re: Camera's what would you get

I have taken some gorgeous shots with my Canon Sure Shot S2 IS. Many of my friends have used my pics (of their dogs, of course) on their websites. That, in itself, is a great compliment! Not being very camera-savvy, nor patient enough to read through the whole manual, I found it very easy to use, and with a little experimenting, was able to make use of all of the features it offers.

I would start by asking what you mean by "capturing of our labs and puppies". If you're just looking for snapshots, that's one thing - there are a lot of "point-and-shoots" on the market that will do the job. If you are looking at producing some of the quality shots you see in breed magazines that is something else entirely. I know what my decided personal preference is, but I won't bring up the C word...

I would like to capture all those special moment of them just laying around or in ACTION. I want to invest in something that is Easy to use but has features like taking still pictures but also if they are on the Move that is won't be a big Blurr. Love pictures on some of your website where you see them leaping in the air into the water and it is crystal clear. Not much on being a photographer but am willing to sit down with the manual to learn.
Thanks for any input

I love my Canon EOS 20D. Guess it depends on how much you want to spend. I've had it for about 3 years now and have no idea how much they are now.

The Canon S3IS is a great camera as well as the Canon G7 (I hope I got that right); I haven't used either, but the reviews and results from them are quite impressive.

Point and Shoots can be GREAT at capturing action and everyday stuff. Make sure you get a fast card and really look into the specs. www.popphoto.com and consumer reports have great reviews on cameras.

I would say don't just get a camera b/c its one professionals use - a good photographer can take great pictures with any camera. Get a camera that you feel comfortable with and will actually take out often to get memorable shots!

Re: Re: The Rebel Rules

The Rebel Rules and I have tried many of them

Re: Re: Re: The Rebel Rules

yes...the price is a pretty big question here as you can really run the gamut.
I had a really nice little digital HP point and shoot that was great for what it was, and still has a home in my purse, but after considerable research and alot of consultations with other listers, camera shop people and even some photographers, I chose the Canon 30D.
It is a step up from the rebel Xti but I think worth it, especially if you buy it with the kit that comes with a better lens.
The 30d is more camera than I needed so I have plenty of room to grow into it as opposed to some of the others I looked at that camera people told me I would quickly outgrow.
I use it all the time and actually keep it on my living room shelf ready to go:)
Good Luck!
Annie

I went through this search back in February. I had a Canon G2 and I loved it, but it was slow. I wanted something that would be point and shoot, but had good quality. I settled on the Canon S3 IS and I love it. It has 12X zoom..............very handy at dog shows for ring shots. It also has movie capabilities. The best thing is the articulating LCD view screen so that you can just drop the camera down and get shots of the dog's on their level. I can send you some photos I have taken in the whelping box, email me privately.

Cheers, Colleen

I love my Nikon D 50.

I also love my Nikon D40!!! And spend the money and get the longer lens!!! Ask people that have seen the pics i have taken!

Jen