Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stud dog the produces leg in North west?

Anyone know of a male that has produced leg in pups. Trying desperately to keep all the good qualities and add inches. Tired of midgets and fear of the wicket fairy.

Re: stud dog the produces leg in North west?

Look for a well balanced dog. You will find the right outline if you search for balance.

Today we are blessed with the FedEx, UPS and Minitube fairies that help us access the best stud dogs world wide. Cast your "stud net" toward the best boy you can find to enhance your goal. Location is no longer the barrier it used to be, now you can have him "delivered" to your doorstep regardless of his location!

I for one look for stud dogs that produce a total of four legs, not one. I don't agree with the nefarious fellows who prefer three:

Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

I think someone needs a second cup of coffee!

Re: Re: stud dog the produces leg in North west?

I have always started out with good size
bitches and find out what they are producing
in past litters.

We all want those nice cobby puppies that are
well put together. However, you have to
elvaluate each puppy in your litter! Some
will turn out to meet the size standard
and some from the same litter can be as
big as a Great Dane!

I love Monty Python!

Someone is a little wacky on here today. But no one is going to give you a name. We just should not do that. And like someone said in a litter you will have pups with more length of leg than others. Just have to pick the pup of your liking.

In my humble opinion it's not more leg you want - it's a little more height, maintaining that nice well-proportioned outline. I think that if you breed to a line that is not specifically known for producing under standard dogs that's all you can hope for. As previous posters have noted, if you breed to a tall dog you won't get in-between puppies. You'll get some tall, some short.

We wouldn't even be having this discussion if... well, you know. It's the S word.

I remember recently someone asking about a certain dog i.e. where and which pedigrees he or she could find him and when dogs' names were mention then some started accusing people of campaigning their very own dogs anonymously.

I did post a name that time, under my name, and would never do it again to avoid nonesense. Funny how the simplest things engnite huge explosions.

What color

I like you!