Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
registration question

Maybe someone can help me figure out what to do.

There is a person showing a puppy that is out of my stud dog. Ive noticed in catalogs of different shows , the owner somehow doesnt list my dog's correct full name as sire of this puppy. I guess the puppy owner doesnt want my kennel name seen? Any thoughts?

Re: registration question

When you placed the puppy with this person did you fill out the Registration name putting your kennel name as the Prefix? Are you a registered Kennel with the AKC? If you are not, and if you did not have an agreement with your buyer, they can remove it and name the dog whatever they want. Maybe you can just ask the person?????

Re: Re: registration question

LOL just re read.. screwed up, thought you were asking something else. Sorry!!! I would just ask the person or the bitch owner. I thought a name appearing in a catolog had to be the identical name as AKC registration.

I have had dog names and even my name mixed up in show catalogs. Gotta love the process by which an entry gets turned into a catalog, so many opportunities for a "typo!" We so often wrongly jump to the negative conclusion. Why don't you just make a point of telling them how much you love their dog, what a great job they are doing with with it and tell them that you have noticed errors in the catalog that you were sure that they would want corrected so that their wonderful dog's information is accurate.

A lot of people don't remember full registered names correctly and when doing entries (often in a rush) don't check for accuracy. Some breeders when you ask them who their current litter is out of don't even know the stud dogs full registered name. If it is a Moss Bow event and they've used Infodog, it can be tough changing a dogs info once they have a record in Infodog.

Its just kinda fishy as it happens everytime the pup is entered, thru different superintendants. This person knows my stud dogs name very well. We are in the same area so a competion thing in their mind I guess.

I too have had this happen with my own dogs as well as dogs I have bred. I think it is usually an error in reading and recording the info off of the entry form. To correct my own dog's, I go to the superintendents table and ask for a correction form. If it is a 3 day show and it is wrong in each day's catalog then you fill out a correction for each day. Obviously will not make any difference at that show, but it does get corrected with that superintendent. Since your problem is with a dog sired by your stud dog, you just need to ask the owner to do the above. Not sure you can do anything about it, if the owner won't.
Julia

I'd be willing to bet the owner is confused or maybe even dyslectic. I totally agree with Susan. Talk to these folks & write the correct spelling of your boy's name down so they have it the next time they enter a show. RAU has a box to check if there are any corrections or changes. Getting it fixed should not be difficult.