Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is winners?

My dog got a first place ribbon for winning his class and then a best opposite sex ribbon and a winners ribbon. 3 ribbons Total.

I know what first and BOS means but what does the winners ribbon mean?

I know this sounds pretty dumb but I’m new and this was his first show as a puppy.

Re: What is winners?

It means you did pretty darn good! Depending on how many dogs were entered, you should have at least one point towards your championship. If you are not sure, post how many dogs, male and female, were there, and what stae it was in, and I will tell you if your pup is now pointed. Also, was this an AKC show, or a match show, or a different country than the USA?

Re: Re: What is winners?

It was an AKC show and he was in 6-9 and there were 15 males entered and 21 girls.

Re: Re: Re: What is winners?

I didn't show him myself I'm still learnin how to do all that.

What state? Then I can look at the point schedule for you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is winners?

Washington state.

he has 4 ribbons first place...best of breed opposite sex....winners...best of winners

I know what first means the other 3 ribbons I do not

You need to have a long discussion with your handler! Especially if you are paying him or her! Your handler should have already given you answers to any questions that you have. Your handler should also be able to tell you how many points it was - entry numbers don't count. It's how many actually showed up.

I agree but I was so excited and he ran off to another ring. I will call him later.

If at least 11 of those 15 dogs showed up, your boy should have picked up 2 points towards his championship. Here is the link for the point schedule in your area. http://www.akc.org/pdfs/events/conformation/point_schedule/2007/division8.pdf
Hope this helps. BTW, CONGRATULATIONS! That's a mighty nice start for a show career.

CONGRATZ to you and your pupper!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My dog got a first place ribbon for winning his class and then a best opposite sex ribbon and a winners ribbon. 3 ribbons Total.

I know what first and BOS means but what does the winners ribbon mean?

I know this sounds pretty dumb but I’m new and this was his first show as a puppy.

Huge congrats!! Big brag for a young pup to go BOS!!!

I'm flying to tell you the truth...thanks to all the info. He did get 2 points my handler just called me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is winners?

I have to throw in a big congrats also.

That's really good.

Donna

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is winners?

Winners - All the winnesr of the classes go back in to compete with each other. The best of the class winners is Winners bitch or dog. Bitches and dogs are judged separately.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is winners?

Well huge congrats to you!! What a way to start and from the puppy class. That is a nice win, what dog?? what show??

cheers, Colleen