Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dyson Vaccum

I'm thinking about getting a Dyson vacuum cleaner. I don't know if I should get the DC14 Animal or the DC 15 Animal or is there another model I should be looking at. The DC 15 has "the ball".
Any coments or recomendations for any of the following questions would be greatly appreciated.

Best features? Complaints on features?
What attachments are included with each? Favorite or most used attachment? Do you recommend purchasing additional attachments?
Has anyone ever purchased a factory reconditioned? Any problems with reconditioned?
Is it louder or quieter than your old vacuum?
Have you ever used a pet attachment (like Dr. Smith's Pet Hair Fantastic) to vacuum dead hair from your lab? Is it better than just brushing?
Best place to buy from? Where did you buy yours?
Is there another vaccum that you would recommend?

Thank you!

Re: Dyson Vaccum

My Dyson is wonderful. With oriental carpets and wall to wall AND 10 Labs AND some boarders, it is the onoy vacuum I have ever owned that runs as strong today as it did brand new. I have a Dyson DC07 and I love it. It is not the best for using the hose, the suction is so strong you cannot pull the hose out too far, but I don't need to use the hose that often. I love the "no bag" idea and the Dyson is easy to empty. It sucks every single dog hair and lots of dirt. You will love it. I bought mine on e-bay and saved about $75. but would pay full price in aq minute.

My complaint is that my Animal won't fit in under the kickboards in the kitchen, and I don't think the Animal attachment is any big deal. I would look at the new canister if you don't have tons of carpet. I bought mine at Sears and the price was comparable to what I see others have paid. And loud, of course it is loud it's a vaccuum cleaner Oh and it does have great suction and I love the no bag thing and how easy it is to empty. That is my favorite part of the whole thing.

we LOVE our new Dyson Animal-17............works great on our berber carpets, and on wood and tile flooring as well. Love being able to do the stairs with little effort. Attachments work great. No complaints, and easy dumping of the canister, and super easy cleaning too.

Lyrical

Re: Re: Dyson Vaccum

I have a Dyson DC 14 and love it. Santa (son) brought it. One thing I like is how easy it is to take apart and clean. There's no doggie smell like you have with the bags.

Re: Re: Re: Dyson Vaccum

I agree the Dyson is a great vacuum.....In 18 yrs of marriage I have bought a new vacuum every 1 1/2 -2yrs ...with 4 dogs 3 cats and 4 kids I vacuum twice/day..I kill vacuums!...My Dyson is now 4yrs old and it is like new.....works wonderfully...you can't go wrong with any of their models
Lisa

I have the Dyson with the ball and love it. The animal version is purple with an attachment and does not have the ball that allows you to pivot. I would go with the ball and make your lives easier.

One great product!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm thinking about getting a Dyson vacuum cleaner. I don't know if I should get the DC14 Animal or the DC 15 Animal or is there another model I should be looking at. The DC 15 has "the ball".
Any coments or recomendations for any of the following questions would be greatly appreciated.

Best features? Complaints on features?
What attachments are included with each? Favorite or most used attachment? Do you recommend purchasing additional attachments?
Has anyone ever purchased a factory reconditioned? Any problems with reconditioned?
Is it louder or quieter than your old vacuum?
Have you ever used a pet attachment (like Dr. Smith's Pet Hair Fantastic) to vacuum dead hair from your lab? Is it better than just brushing?
Best place to buy from? Where did you buy yours?
Is there another vaccum that you would recommend?

Thank you!

I love mine. DC15 all floors. Factory reconditioned from amazon.com. NEVER buy a vacuum with bags in a house with dogs! It has the ball and it works great. Mine is not the official "animal" but I couldn't imagine anything better except that I don't think I've gotten the hang of the hose thingie. The absolute best thing is that it has just as much suction even after it collects almost a full container. And with a touch of a button the bottom of the container flips open and all the dirt/hair falls into the garbage.

we got a dyson years ago, the purple one. It it the greatest thing we ever bought. The first night we used it we could not believe how" filthy" the carpet really was. Yuck. It picked up every bit of hair, fur, paper, bits of food in a blink on an eye. I figure If I am having to empty the bag more than once
aroud the house I an slacking off with my housework. it has the dog sleeping crate area clean in the blink of the eye, all that hair mey fill the canister and make a trip to the trash to dump it but so what. You cna also clean out the dust in the canister and it looks like new. Would never trade it for anything. It may have cost more but wel worth the expense.

THANK YOU! for all the helpful responses. I took the plunge and bought a Dyson DC17. It's supposed to be a cross of the best features of the DC15 and DC18. I haven't taken it out of the box yet.

If anyone is interested in a DC17, Best Buy online has them on sale ($110 off) for $439 and my LOCAL Best Buy store will match the on-line price, maybe your's will too, what a good deal.

I've had a dyson canister for 4 years and love it.

I've got the Dyson handheld rechargable on my Christmas List.

Anyone have any experience with those?

I used to have Dust Busters and have nothing now. Sounds like it could make my life a lot easier and I could keep my Mini Cooper clean.