Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
puppy food

I know many are sick of talking about food but would like to know - and have not seen it on here lately - what puppy food you all use?

Re: puppy food

I use ProPlan puppy chicken and rice until 3-4 months of age then switch to adult.

I used Innova large breed puppy and then switched to Innvoa adult (green bag). So far so good.

Re: Re: puppy food

I use Pro Plan puppy chicken and rice. Have for about the last 10 years. Have had nice healthy pups.

Proplan till 5 mos Chic/rice then Adult PP or NV Salmon

Diamond "reg puppy" purple bag til 4 m's then switch to a well balanced adult formula

Orijen Puppy and then switch to adult at 4-6 months.

Avo Derm (Breeder's Choice)puppy food until 4-5 months then switch to adult

Re: Re: puppy food

So no one seems to be using an All Life Stages food it seems. We haven't had puppies yet but I knew alot of breeders who feed Canidae to adults and pups.

Re: Re: Re: puppy food

I use Purina ONE Large Breed Puppy Formula or ONE Healthy Puppu Formula ( I like better)until the pups are 4 or 5 months old, depending on how they look, and then swith to Purina ONE Total Nutrition which is Lamb.. My big dogs don't like the chicken base.

"So no one seems to be using an All Life Stages food it seems."

I've been feeding ALS to my litter for the last 7 weeks. They seem to be doing alright on it. I have read a few other posts and know a breeder or two who also feed it to their pups.

Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy

I haven't used puppy food in a long time. All Life Stages is the way to go I think. Currently we are using EaglePack.