Comment
HAD ENOUGH OF THE NASTY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

I HAVE BEEN A LURKER AND OCCASIONAL POSTER ON THIS
FORUM SINCE IT BEGAN. I CAME HERE TO SHARE MY
EXPERINCES AND LEARN. ALSO TO SEE THE RESULTS
OF SOME SPECIALTY'S.

IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE NOW TO READ A POST
WITHOUT SOMEONE IDIOT POSTING SOMETHING ON
A PUBLIC FORUM AND NOT GIVING THEIR TRUE NAME.

DON'T YOU HAVE A LIFE? YOU ARE THE ONE THAT
SHOULD DEFINATELY NOT BE BREEDING DOGS.

AND TO CRITIZE SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY MIS-SPELL
A WORD?? I HAVE FOUND OUT WHO YOU ARE, AND
I WOULD THINK OTHERS HAVE FIGUERED IT OUT
AS WELL. THER ARE OTHER FORUMS FOR PEOPLE
LIKE YOU, AND THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM..
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Re: HAD ENOUGH OF THE NASTY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

None for this one,

Isnt this an anonymous forum? I dont see why you get so worked up because you dont know who is writing something. Better turn the computer off and just go to a potluck I guess.

Not the only,

no name

What in the world are you talking about. Just got on here but sure don't see anything bad. Lots of nice brags. We love that !

How it really is.....

This thread will most likely be removed as it probably should be as labeling the entire forum nasty isnt really fair, but no, this isnt an "anonymous" forum....its a forum that gives you the option to be anonymous and if that is your choice fine....I certainly understand SOME situations call for a little care, and if it helps someone ask an important question that they might otherwise be embarrassed to ask then great.

What is quite wrong and COWARDLY to boot is making ANY kind of nasty remark, or criticism of ANY kind without the guts to use your name.If you believe something, stand the heck up and be willing to take credit for your thoughts or keep them to yourself.

Why do people not use their names for these not nice comments?

Because you are afraid others might think you a not nice person?

Because it makes you appear jealous and trivial?

Because you fear others will think you don't have the right to talk?

Because you are ashamed of what you are saying?

Because you know the comments you make give nothing to the forum in the way of education or the spirit of sharing?

Pick one, I am sure one applies in most situations.

I just cant understand the mindset of people who sit behind a veil of 0's and 1's and hurl insults and nastiness.
And yes, I know, it may just be a troll as Troll pa troll often says, but more than likely there are actually quite a few "real" breeders on here that act this way under the cover of anonymity.
So sad for all of us who just want to learn and could do without all the idiocy.
Annie

Re: How it really is.....

well said !!
Lisa

Re: How it really is.....

Terrific!!!

Re: Re: How it really is.....

I agree, but having said that, does anyone notice that there is ALWAYS 1 person that starts the crap.
A simple congratulations for a nice win does not deserve such hostility. just my 3 cents.

Re: Re: Re: How it really is.....

Yes, I have wondered that too, but I really think it would be just to convenient for it to be just one person.

I think we would all like to believe it is one person as that would mean that the lab community wasn't inundated with the same level of stupidity that plagues the rest of the world, but that just isn't very realistic.
I think a more apt thing to think is isn't if funny how just one person can destroy an otherwise well meaning and usually good spirited thread with a lousy attitude that we can all do without.
You ignore a troll because you can usually see them coming a mile away...kinda like NEWBIE on here today, why bother...the ones that you really have to call out are the ones that are really not trolls but people who we may well be sitting next to at the next show.

Annie

Re: Re: Re: Re: How it really is.....

Unfortunately, the real world is found in every single segment of our lives be it something we all hold dear and passionate such as this, or any other profession, hobby etc.... It's the way of the world today :-(

For those who are new to forums or just don't know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Basically a forum "troll" will say anything to get a rise out of the forum community. It doesn't matter if they believe what they are saying or not. All they are looking for is a response. Any response and they win. The best thing to do is to ignore them.

A forum like one makes for easy trolling. No need to sign up or post under one name, and the topics discussed are for the most part very serious. Really no challenge here and your trolls are amateurs. Just ignore them.

You saw what I also did, it is horrible and unacceptable but continues. Thanks for saying something, someone needed to.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

OF SOME SPECIALTY'S.

HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Re: Re: WHO IS IT?

Who is the spell checker I would like to know? I make boo boos all the time.
I don't think there is 1 person doing this. Today proved that for sure.
There should be no forum that allows the assault that happened today because of brag. They have every right to post brag without worrying about I didn’t see anything wrong with the post, did I miss something? I see mean spirited posts all the time and NO way is it one person doing it. But today there was anger from ONE person only it was all started because of her and I hope everyone knows who it is. I know who it is. You are right she shouldn't be breeding dogs and has no life.

Replying to:

You saw what I also did, it is horrible and unacceptable but continues. Thanks for saying something, someone needed to.

Replying to:

OF SOME SPECIALTY'S.

HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Re: Re: Re: WHO IS IT?

Was the post you are referring to removed? I cannot find what you all are talking about.

We are very quick to say that puppies learn from littermates. There's always a bully in every crowd.
I have to ponder that perhaps the people who can't say anything nice obviously didn't get slammed into a locker or two in high school and learn from "life's littermates"

Don't fret though, life has a way with coming back around and biting you in the tush

Someone says something like this every week or so. And someone makes a nasty comment on a regular basis also. They are trolls. They like seeing how many hits their posts get (not the CAPS to get your attention) and how many responses. It's probably just one troll making snide comments, then making posts like this to complain about himself. Read this, and just ignore the stupid stuff that pops up. If you feed it, it will grow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Re: Re: HAD ENOUGH OF THE NASTY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

Aint that the beautiful truth!!

Although I post mostly with my name, not always. Sometimes it's more prudent to do it that way, such as when you are relating an event or a particular circumstance and it would embarass or hurt other people who might be involved if the readership could put two and two together. But I do agree that on this forum there are relatively few who post in the open. And to be honest with you, I would just as soon not know who it is that makes some of the comments that I read here.

On my very first day of school my mom said if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all,ignore people who are mean and nasty, and never spit back. Thanks Mom.

In 1990 I wrote something that has been published many times all over the world. Here it is again.

Which Sort are You?

Labradors are my companions of choice. I keep them because of their temperaments. It’s what draws me to them and makes me love them. I’m not referring to their working ability. I’m talking about the way they live their lives.

They are steadfast in their loyalty, never mind how I look or feel or what I’ve accomplished lately. I love them and treat them with respect and they respond with great affection.

Labradors live their lives with joie de vivre…life is good, every day is an adventure. If someone starts a fight a good Lab will take itself off and have a wonderful time doing something else. It isn’t lack of courage but good breeding that makes it choose another option.

Fun loving, kind and biddable by nature, showing no signs of aggression…a brave heart with a sensitive soul. These are traits that I prize about all other in my Labs. I can place a dog if it’s ugly or lame, but if it’s mean-spirited it isn’t a decent companion for anyone.

I have a theory about people who keep Labs. There are two sorts. One has a Labrador personality and the other has a personality that only a Labrador would put up with.

Each morning at sunrise I walk my dogs in the forest. They frolic in the meadows and play tag amount the trees with ears flying and tails wagging. And each morning I make a wish…let me live this day with the heart and soul of a Labrador…and I give it a go.

Saudjie Cross Crook
written in 1990

I can't imagine saying something and not signing my name.

Well said Annie!

Thank you, Saudjie ~ very nicely summed up.

Re: Re: Re: HAD ENOUGH OF THE NASTY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

That was Beautiful! Thank you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tom Cruise says it well

I subscribe to this even though I’m not a Tom Cruise fan.

"So if someone is going to judge me based on something they've heard, or whatever they perceive of me, honestly? F--- them. You know? F--- them." Tom Cruise

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tom Cruise says it well

yep, that says it all

BRAVO Saudjie!!
Thanks for the great article--in 1990 and again today...

gcb

Re: Re: Anonymity is the problem/ was HAD ENOUGH OF THE NASTY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

As long as anonymity is allowed on this forum we will have to live with trolls and rude people. Sad, but true.
As we have seen lately, anonymity on forums is a very, very bad thing.
If Jill turned this forum into a moderated, members only Yahoo-group, this problem would vanish into thin air!
To be honest, wouldn't that be a huge relief???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tom Cruise says it well

You are welcome to make a copy of a card I've sworn to carry with me at all times:

Before you believe anyone representing something which may have been said, done, thought or felt by ******(fill in your name).
Please check with ******* first.

This is by far an anon forum. It is run by a company called Bravenet and hosted by a breeder. When you post you CAN share much of your identity with whomever can access it. That would be Bravenet or the Administrator. So those who think they are totally anon are mistaken. Push the buttons too hard and I guess you can find out.

http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp Describing Internet Trolls, very good reading material!

OMG...that describes the troll that involves their trollish self in every thing I do, say, show, post or posts from people that know me.

Thank you for that article ..I printed it out for future use!

Re: Re: Re: HAD ENOUGH OF THE NASTY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

Makes you wonder why some people attract trolls???

Re: Re: Re: Re: HAD ENOUGH OF THE NASTY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

who knows the answer to that...some trolls are just nasty and some are very very sick people. They have nothing else in life but this. It makes them feel powerful and if they only knew how it makes them look so unbalanced and scary.

Replying to:

Makes you wonder why some people attract trolls???