Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Virkon

Do you use Virkon or another product to clean and sanitize your kennel runs?

What are pros and cons?

Re: Virkon

I dont have a kennel to clean but I did get trifectant for my whelping things, for puppy visitors as well as for dog wash etc.
The reason I got it was because it was a hospital grade disinfectant that kills parvo as well as almost every other known infectious disease.
It is highly recommended for kennels.
Annie

Re: Re: Virkon

Yes, I use Virkon. It too is hospital grade. At 1% kills most virus' and bacteria, at 2% kills parvo. I spray it on my shoes, brake pedals, hands, etc.... before leaving a dog show, each day, even if just heading to my hotel room. I also put a gentle spray of it on my dogs feet and gently mist the bottom of their crate. I use it inside, in my kennel, whelping room, etc. You can use it where you can't use bleach, I even once used it in the water in the tank of my carpet shampooer, and shampooed my entire recroom carpet with it, after a parvo scare, years ago. One downfall, if too highly concentrated, can discolour certain materials, but far less than bleach would. I've used it safely for many years.

Where can I get it?

I use it- love it- it's great. no complaints here and no bugs , no illness- no nothing- happy healthy dogs and healthy puppies. don't know if it's the Virkon- or just no reason for anything to happen.As Linda stated- i spray my brake pedals, the bottoms of my shoes and use it to clean clean clean!

Not sure where you get it from, I have a breeder friend here that i bought from - as he buys in bulk pails.

Re: Re: Virkon

I picked mine up from a large animal vet. They use it for barns as well.

Thanks for all the answers!

Virkon is being sold under the new name Relyon. Dupont purchased the original manufacturing company. Below is the link to get it.

http://www.buyrelyonhere.com/