Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shawnee Mission

Congratulations to Suellen Manning - BLOSSOM HILL LABRADORS in St. Louis for MARIO'S wins at Shawnee Mission. Mario a Cutter Grandson produced as a result of Suellen's excellent breeding program finished with a BIG WIN as WD and BOW on Sunday. Mario matched Cutter in getting his CH by 16 months!! He also went BEST PUPPY on Saturday and his sister Isabella went BEST OP to him. Quite a weekend! I UNDERSTAND that Kyle at 13 years is an OUTSTANDING handler - very poised and has put the two majors on Mario by himself!!

Last year Mario's half sister Mimi went WB and BOW...same show under Diane Philbin!!

WATCH out next year!!!
Christine

Re: Shawnee Mission

Congrats again to Kyle and Blossom Hill. I know we told you this a couple of times at the show. Kaye and I really enjoyed watching you and your top notch group of labs.

I would never have imagined going back to Shawnee Mission and winning for the second year in a row. I am so grateful to the judges, Karen Helmers, sweeps on Saturday, and Linda Oldham regular classes on Sunday, for recognizing these three youngsters, Kyle, Mario and Isabella. The judges, other exhibitors, and club members treated Kyle with kindness and respect, and for this I will always love Shawnee Mission. A special thanks to the support from Patty Streufert, Sherry Anderson and Susanna Joy.

Thank you all.

Suellen Manning

Shawnee Mission Results

Okay...I am finally dug out and have my catelog handy so I will try to post some results for Sunday. As always it was a lovely show and the club does a fabulous job.

Saturday
Best in Sweeps: Blackwing Superstrait at Brooks (CH Blackwing Superfine x Blackwing Phoebe)Br: Michael & Lenore Hamilton OW: Linda Ciancio

Best of Opp Sweeps: Meadowview's Nola (CH Lubberline Martingale x CH Ophir's Sugar & Spice) Br/Ow: Jodi Ludwig

WD/BOW: New CH Blossomhill's Mario (CH Dickendall Davaron Gable x Blossomhill's Prudence) Br/Ow: Suellen Manning

RWD: Starquest Ain't That Sumptin (CH Sureshot Hyspire Impressive x Mtn. Meadows Sky's T Limit) Br: Laurie Mitchell & Pam Harvey Ow: Laurie Mitchell

WB/BOS: Tribute's Third Times A Charm (CH Shir-Mi Drift'n Heart JH x CH Tribute's Chelsea Flower) Br/Ow: Dana Rose

RWB: I did not catch this one...I heard it was Brooks Sunshine Times Awasting from the Am Bred Class?

Best of Breed: CH Simerdown's Dr Pepper (CH Naiken Indian Temple MH x Jenivelle's Princess Tyonek) Br: Jim Ball Ow: Linda Vaughn & Mercedes Vila

AOM: CH Gateway's White Dove (CH Lobuff Bobwhite at Chucklebrook x Hyspire Gateway Major Chord) Br/Ow: Patty Streufert

AOM: CH Paradocs Tabatha's Pebble (CH Paradocs Tabatha's Caillou x CH Tabatha's Wiggle) Br: Karen Helmers, DVM & John Helmers, DVM & Carol Heidl Ow: Karen Helmers, DVM & John Helmers, DVM & Chris Grisell

AOM: Again I did not have my catelog handy but I believe this went to CH Lockbriar Journey O'Briargln JH

Best Puppy: Anthems Feature Attraction (Windfalls Banner's Major Attraction x Anthems Good Witch) Br/Ow: Ann Garmon

Congratulations to everyone!

Re: Shawnee Mission Results

I just realized only bits of Saturday's results were posted so I will try to fill in some of the blanks...

Best in Sweeps: Blossomhill's Mario (WD/BOW on Sunday)
Best of Opp in Sweeps: Blossomhill's Lydia (or Isabella...Suellen??) Littersister to Mario

WD: Brook's Bennett (CH Dickendall Buckstone Zane x Brooks Chorus Line) Br/Ow Linda Ciancio

RWD: Sorry...I do not have this one.

WB/BOW/BISS: New CH Mtn Meadow's Allie Cat (CH Karousel's Causin Commotion x Mtn Meadow Sweet Sensation)Br: Pam Harvey Ow: Lawrence and Sharon Hamilton

RWB: Tabatha's Harmony (CH Tabatha's Knight x CH Tabatha's Clarify) Br: Carol Heidl & Jenny Eppinga & M. Reiger Ow: Bob & Connie Skow & Carol Heidl

BOS: CH Blackwing's Superfine (CH Blackwing Santee x CH Blackwing Super Freak) Br/Ow: Mike & Lenore Hamilton

AOM: (From the Veteran's Class) CH Glacieridge Justa Country Girl (CH Wingmaster Jusat Country Boy x CH Heartland's Maddie Mae) Br/Ow: Bob & Connie Skow

I did not get the other two AOM written down...Sorry!

Best Puppy: Blackwing Superstrait at Brooks (Best in Sweeps puppy on Sunday)

The two other JAMS Saturday went to:

Ch Bournhall's Mocha Latte at Pucketts (Bournhall's Sir Lawrence Oliver x Bournhall's Nutmeg Consellation.

Ch Sher-Mi Front Runner (Ch Lockbriar Journey O'Briarglen JH WCI x Ch Sher-Mi Random Hearts WC)

We had a wonderful time and meet some wonderful and friendly people over the weekend. There was a bunch of wonderful dogs enter this year. I want to congratulate all the winners and class placements.

I am very proud of my two girls. .

Bournhall's Annabella of Glen-Mar (Ch Ridge Views Bugs Bunny x Bournhall's White Diamonds) took 3rd in the 12-15 months sweeps and 4 in 12-18 months class.

Bournhall's Pure Gold at Glen-Mar (Tabatha's Burly x Bournhalls From Russia with Love) took 2 in Novice bitches and also got her 1st leg towards her CD title.

We look forward to next year.

Dayna
Glen-Mar Labradors

Re: Re: Shawnee Mission

Suellen and Kyle,
Again, way to go Kyle! You did a terrific job and the dogs looked great! You should be so very proud of yourself. I think you would have a bright future as a professional handler.

I was really impressed with how Kyle showed Mario.
He is very poised and professional. Congratulations again on your big wins!

My brag is not from the breed ring but I am proud that my Cori (Dunn's Marsh Encore Performance JH, TD, RA, OA, OAJ sitting at 12 points out of BBE as well) earned her CD title at Shawnee Mission which means she has now met the requirements for a VCD I title (Versatile Companion Dog). According to the Lab Yearbook only 6 labs earned that title last year.
Deb

Deb,

Congrats on the VCD I title, that is quite an accomplishment. It was very nice meeting you and thank you for all the help.

Dayna

Re: Re: Shawnee Mission

Way to go Deb What a truly fantastic accomplishment for both you and Cori. Congrats!!