Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pedigree Programs

Does anyone use a pedigree program that they absolutely love? I have been told that The Breeder's Standard™ .NET is pretty good. I want to get one now that we have a litter planned....

Re: Pedigree Programs

If you just want to make up a pedigree, I like to use the pedigree generator at www.sitstay.com.

I use the pedigrees on my website and to plan litters and print off for puppy buyers.

Check it out

Dianne

The breeder's Standard stores a ton of pedigrees for you, you can also input litters, dates of heats, dates of breeding, show entries and results, judge information, breedings, a calendar, titles, reports, (OFA Breedings, agent fees for the entire year, or total etc....), DNA reg #'s, you can even print off show entries.... I love mine. Do you know someone that has it, so you can see it before you buy it?

Re: Re: Pedigree Programs

I have been looking for good pedigree software for awhile now. Most that I see support the PC format and not the Apple format. I have had replies from pedigree software support people to " just try their program" , but not one reply that their software is consistent and reliable with the Apple Mac OS X operating system. What is the software of choice for Apple users?

I like my Breeders Standard. With the additional power packs you can do some diffrent things.(For my 4th of July litter I was able to do a pedigree with flag borders.) You can even put your own watermark on them or pictures. So much you can do with it, I'm still playing and learning. Kathi is real nice to work with, if you have problems or questions.

Patty

I purchased the Breeder's Standard about 18 months ago. I was so excited but it never quite worked right. When I emailed in for assistance, I found their tech support to of the poorest quality. When their first solution did not work, they gave up and blamed it all on my computer. It was awful.

Pedigree Programs for Mac

I have been using Mac Pedigree since about 1992 I think...not sure it is commercially available any more. When I upgraded to an iMac last year, I made sure I had one that could still run in Classic mode (OS 9) to make sure that I could still use my program.

It does GREAT five-generation pedigrees with titles in color, allows me to keep health and breeding records on individual dogs, etc.

I have so many dogs in it now that I shutter to think what would happen if it crashed on me. But then again it is for a MAC and Macs never crash : )

MK

Re: Re: Re: Pedigree Programs

I do use Sitstay.com to create the pedigrees for my website, and I suppose that would suffice for giving puppy buyers a temporary pedigree of their pup until the AKC papers came.

I like the idea of the other aspects of it. Unfortunately the friend who recommended it lives too far away...

I think they have a 2 week trial, I might see how it works on my PC.

Patty I have used The Breeders Standard for years and love it.
There have been a couple of glitches but they always resolved them and Kathy is super.
Lots of features that I personally really like.
Which Power Packs do you have? Sounds like something that I should get.

For anyone interested in looking into it, the 2008 version is now available and they have 14 day free trial downloads.

Hi Barb,

I have 1, 6 and just bought 7(which does greeting cards) I'm thinking on getting 5, also.

Patty