Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AKC Website

Has anyone else been having problems with filling out the **Sires** information part on the AKC website litter reg page?

I have been trying for days and can't get past the page where I enter the sire's reg information. It just times out and I get a blank page.

Is it me , or is it the AKC's site?

-J

Re: AKC Website

Yes, and I called the AKC they knew about it, been having problems for weeks now. Will e mail you whom to call that can help.

:-)

Re: AKC Website

I did one 2 days ago and it worked okay for me.

Re: Re: AKC Website

From an internat junky and fellow webmaster it sounds like an AKC server problem. It could be your server as well but if the rest of your network connections are responding correctly, the fault likely lies with the AKC server.

Re: Re: Re: AKC Website

I, too, cannot get through. Someone who had sent in the bitch info and had not gotten an approval contacted AKC who said I had just not approved the litter. You would think the least they could do would be to let the bitch owners know that there is a problem with that part of the site! I told her what was going on and she called AKC and at first they said they didn't know about it and then they said it was fixed now. HOwever I just tried again while she was on the phone and it did not go through. So if someone has the number of someone I should contact please email me privately.
Judy

Re: Re: Re: Re: AKC Website

I just called the AKC. I spoke to the person whom I "know" there and they are aware of the problem. Web Development is currently working on it. The problem has to do with the "time-out" mechanism (whatever that means). They do not know when it will be fixed. They are receiving registrations sporadically but are aware it's still a problem. Only other suggestion was to fax the application directly to:

David Roberts, VP 919-816-4261

They have set this up due to the problem. (it is not the normal fax area or number from what I was told)

Re: AKC Website BACK UP

Just a quick head's up. the site is back up this morning. I'd say if you have anything to register, you'd best get going while the goin' is good!! ;-)

-Jill

Re: Re: AKC Website BACK UP

Just tried to register a litter this morning and NO GO!! The site still would not accept the Sire AKC number! So I am afraid that they are still have problems.....

Dana