Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP

I'm still new at this. What classes should I enter by yellow female puppy in at Mid-Jersey. She will be 15 months old on October 22nd. She has shown before, and done fairly well. I plan to show her both days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: HELP

I am also new to showing and have a 15 month old.

I will be showing in 12-18 month bitches.

I don't know when Mid-Jersey is, but if it's Oct. 22nd or later, you'd enter her in 15-18 mo. sweeps and probably 12-18 mo. regular class.

Re: Re: HELP

Thank you. On the premium list is says, 12-15 month AOAC. Unless I'm reading it wrong. I don't know what the letters stand for.

AOAC stands for Any Other Allowable Color. It sounds like the puppy classes might be broken out between black and AOAC, which means chocolates and yellows would show in the same class (AOAC). This is how it is being done at the National anyway.

Re: Re: HELP

Thank you so much. Makes perfect sense to me now. One more question, please indulge me. What is the advantage or disadvantage to showing in 12-15 month or 12-18 month. That also confuses me.

Re: Re: Re: HELP

I have not seen the premium but is there Sweeps. They break in down into 12-15 and 15-18 sometimes. And then the regular class is still 12-18. Unless you bred her, then you could go into bred by. Does this make sense ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: HELP

Sorry, BTDT was right. Did not read it well. AOC.
any other color but black. Not really what some of us with yellow and chocolate like, why not separate all three colors. Not real fair. Hope a silver doesn't walk in.

If you bred her, don't be afraid to enter in bred-by. These days many more younger dogs and bitches are being shown there and doing well. I got a BOB from the bred-by class at an all-breed show with a 12-month old. Only between 15-20 dogs there, but it was still great!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HELP

While the LRCP separates classes into all three colors, most other clubs do not. Often the chocolate classes would just be too small. Even at LRCP that happens some times. AOAC is a compromise I guess rather than lumping them all together.

And I don't think the silvers will be there, since they aren't an allowable color.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Sorry, BTDT was right. Did not read it well. AOC.
any other color but black. Not really what some of us with yellow and chocolate like, why not separate all three colors. Not real fair. Hope a silver doesn't walk in.