Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
which class entry??

I am showing for the first time a veteran at a specialty . I know to enter her in the 7-9 yr old veteran Sweeps but is there also a Veteran 7-9yr in the reg classes?? And would I have to enter her in both classes?? Thanks for your help

Re: which class entry??

That depends on the specialty you are entering. Usually the same age breakdown is seen in the specialty classes as the sweeps classes, but check the premium to be sure. If you want to compete in both sweeps and the specialty, you will have to enter in both classes.

Usually the Sweepstakes classes are divided by age and the regular Veteran's class is not.

So you'd just enter in your age division for sweepstakes and then in veteran's dog or bitch for the regular class (which is actually considered a non-regular class).

At the Nationals, however, they have two seperate classes for the Veterans, the classes are Veteran I and Veteran II. At this specialty the Veterans have to be at least 8 years of age unlike most specialties where it is 7 and older.

Just make sure you read the premium list carefully and enter the correct classes.

Good luck, Veterans is one of my favorite classes!

Dianne

Thanks for the info...

It is my understanding that for Veterans, you can enter them in Sweepstakes only if you choose.
They do not have to be entered in the regular veterans class.
This is for Specialities only.
Am I correct?
The regular class dogs have to be entered into a regular class in addition to a sweeps class. They cannot be entered into sweeps only.
Have I gotten it right?

It depends on how the individual club has decided to present this in their premium list. In our club, you have to be entered in a regular class in order to enter sweeps, with the exception of veterans. Veterans can be entered in sweepstakes alone. I know of at least one other club that allows any sweepstakes entry without requiring an entry into the regular classes. But I believe the majority of specialties mirror what our club does (or maybe it's fairer to say we mirror them???).