Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
discharge

I am new to having a stud dog and was wondering if it is normal to have a slight discharge at times? It looks light yellow in color.

TIA

Re: discharge

Welcome to the world of keeping boys !!

sounds normal to me

Re: Re: discharge

Yes, just wait till you find those little yellow blobs all over your walls! Once they have dried on they are very hard to remove too!

Re: Re: Re: discharge

What ????? What is this about ? I guess it must be a un neautered boy thing becasue I have never had a male dog do this in our house. Do they only shake yellow blobs on the walls when they have just been collected or bred or when girls are in heat in the same household ?

No they do it all the time ...
Be patient with them, they can't help it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: discharge

Most entire males shake off a few blobs here and there but unless you have white or light paint on your walls you may not notice it.

And smears on the leather sofa. I cringe to think what all is embedded in cloth sofas ewwwwwwww!!!

Thank you, I was hoping it was a normal discharge.

Ha ha, wait till he climbs on your lap and rubs it off on your pant leg!! LMAO!!

is called smega and is normal unless the dog is doing a lot of licking or it has a foul odor. I do not know of it getting on walls Ellie

>>"is called smega and is normal"<<

That would be smegma.

Forgot the m

We call it "Man Goo" at our house. It is all over the walls....not sure he flings it like that, but you should have seen the look on hubby's face when I had to explain to him that no the dogs did not have colds and that the goo on the walls was not from their noses. Ha! I joke with my friend that all you need to go with it is a bitch in heat or one that just had pups and then between all the red and green its just like Christmas! Too much info? hehe

Thanks for link Dian, very descriptive picture on that link... am I glad my man is circumsized The studs I don't mind the smegma, I'll clean the walls, I'll wash my clothes, men on the other hand... I used to see that on my ex husband... now I found somebody new!

Better on the sofa and the walls, than having them clean themselves off and then think mom/dad deserve a big face lick!

Oh wow, now THAT was a visual I did NOT need!! LMAO!!