Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP!! wide screen monitor vs regular screen

Hello,

I have just received a new 22 inch wide screen monitor today.

Websites now look distorted.

We have talked to the Samsung Company, and they said to change to analog & adjust the monitor setting at whatever we needed to make the website look normal.

I am writing to see what most of you breeders have your monitor set on, as well as the type, Wide Screen or Regular screen.

I am real close to taking it back.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Julie

Re: HELP!! wide screen monitor vs regular screen

We have a Samsung widescreen SyncMaster. It took a couple of days of my husband adjusting it to my liking for me to get used to it. Just keep playing with it you'll see a difference when you keep tweeking at it. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I love ours so I hope you get the hang of it. As you can tell I'm not the technical one in the family...

Re: Re: HELP!! wide screen monitor vs regular screen

I have yet to get mine working properly. All the dogs look LONG on my new moniter. I have been messing with it for a month. Good luck with yours.

I have one too ! It makes a nice dog , look long as a train .

I had to purchase a new video card after I got my wide screen monitor; my old one couldn't handle the new monitor........dogs looked like frieght trains, and that would NEVER do. There was no way to make adjustments, the capability was not there with my video card.
A tech friend told me what to buy, then came over and installed it, and downloaded a new driver for the monitor......
I was ready to go back to my old monitor, too, but once everything was back into the proper proportions, I could never give up my wide screen now!

If you're using Windows XP, from the desktop, right click and select properties. Then click on the Settings tab. I have mine set at 1280x800 pixels. In the drop down, mine says Plug and Play monitor on NVIDIA GeForce 6800. That matches my video card.

I don't see how analog would help you. If you have digital-DVI use it if your graphics card supports it. That is not why you are seeing distortion. You are not used to widescreen is why and adjustments over a little time will help your eyes get used to the difference.

Samsung makes a great LCD monitor, most LCD's today are widescreen. Keep playing with the display type settings mentioned and you'll find the right one for you.