Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jeff Deporter

Most of you who were at the Huron River LRC specialty last weekend probably already know about Jeff Deporter having had a stroke, but I am finding that some did not hear. Jeff is a long time member of the HRLRC and known by many in the midwest. He and his wife Theresa have two young children, Justin and Claire.

Friday morning he was getting ready to come to the specialty and had a stroke. His wife Theresa recognized it immediately and had an ambulance there pretty quick, which I'm told is key to minimizing the damage.

He has been fairly stable for the last few days, but is at a very critical time. He can't talk, but has been able to communicate some with hand gestures at times. Today he has been pretty groggy and is sleeping a lot. At the present he is paralyzed on his right side.

He is in the stroke center at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.

I debated about posting this, as I think Jeff would probably be embarassed by it, but I know that there are friends out there that would like to know. Jeff and Theresa can use as many prayers as possible.

Mike

Re: Jeff Deporter

Thank you for posting that. Please let them both know that our thoughts and prayers are with them. Susan

Re: Re: Jeff Deporter

Prayers on the way for Jeff and his family.

I don't know Jeff, but I do believe in the power of prayer. So mine are on the way.

Thanks Mike,
please keep us posted. Mike are they eccepting visitors?

Re: Re: Jeff Deporter

Only family is supposed to be allowed. There have been a few "extra" relatives that have been visiting in order to give Theresa a break. She doesn't want Jeff waking up and having no one that he knows there.

I think some of you must have been praying hard. Shortly after I started this thread we got an update. Jeff's dad tickled his right foot and it moved. The nurse then asked him to hold up two fingers and he did it. This is huge.

Mike

Re: Re: Re: Jeff Deporter

That's a wonderful update. I don't know Jeff either,
but there is power in prayer and I would like to send mine his way.

Give us an update when you can.

Donna

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jeff Deporter

Do not under-estimate the power of PRAYER. I heard about Jeff last night, and wanted to see if a thread had been started (thanks a lot MIKE!!).

There are myriad stories telling how successful prayer is and this will surely help....

Keep us posted - even if personally...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jeff Deporter

I'll forward this on to our prayer chain and get the "Prayer Patrol" moving! May God Bless them both.

Re: Re: Re: Jeff Deporter

Mike Thank You for posting the updates.
Best wishes to Theresa, the kids and all of his close friends.
Prayers for continued response and improvement.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jeff Deporter

Could you please post the address of the hospital so those of us that would like to send a card can do so?
Thanks.

Having known Jeff for years, he, Theresa and the kids are in my thoughts and prayers.

HFH address inside

Henry Ford Hospital
2799 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48202

Info on their Stroke Center

Re: HFH address inside-Room #

Room C656A