Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marjorie Satterthwaite

It is with great sadness that I write to inform you of the death of Marjorie Satterthaite. I am told that the cause of death was pneumonia. Lawnwoods bloodlines have played an important role in Labrador breeding not only in the UK but worldwide. Marjorie along with her late husband George made a great contribution to the breed over the years. She will be dearly missed by all her friends.

Re: Marjorie Satterthwaite

I read your post with a heavy heart. Another huge loss for Labradors. Wish we could bottle all that knowlege. She was a gracious lady and will be missed. I can just imagine the awesome dog talk going on upstairs right now. With all the 4 legged Oldies all brand new again, chasing pheasants and butterflies. Rest well Marjorie.

So very sorry to hear of her passing one of the first labs I ever owned were from her lines, she will be missed.
Aloha,
jackie

Re: Re: Marjorie Satterthwaite

I am very saddened to hear of her passing.

Cathy M.

Re: Re: Re: Marjorie Satterthwaite

This is indeed sad news for the Lab community.
My Sympathies to her close family and friends!

This saddens me deeply. My first conformation Lab came from Marjorie while I was living in England.

Although we lost contact, Marjorie will remain in my heart and memories for giving me my Beau.

While I did not know Marjorie I know her influence was felt worldwide due to the dogs she produced. AM/Eng CH Lawnwoods Hot Chocolate comes to mind as being a very special boy.
While there is no joy in losing Labrador friends, I can take comfort in visioning Annie, Marjorie, Martha Lee, and others sitting ringside surrounded by dogs they have loved who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
Please give our condolences to the family.

What a contributor to the breed - so sad to go down the list of the influential people we have lost over the last two or three years. Before long, they will all be gone and we will be left with those whom they have mentored.... Hmmmm - maybe we won't be in such bad hands after all!

Goodbye, and Godspeed Marjorie....

A very sad day! Another great loss to our breed.

Godspeed Marjorie!

How sad.

Re: Re: Marjorie Satterthwaite

God speed Marjorie. You will be missed. But I remain with wonderful memories of you. And the stuffed duck we purchased while on the Great Divide, that sits on my dashboard, will remind me of you each time I drive somewhere.

Re: Re: Re: Marjorie Satterthwaite

Farewell to a wonderful lady who had such a funny sense of humour, we had a running joke with each other and I am sorry that we couldn't keep it going longer. I will miss you. God speed Marjorie!!!!