Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac on Animal Planet?

To the people of Potomac,theres any way to talk to the Animal Planet or Discovery chanel networks so they can cover the event?Anyway were the #1 breed in AKC so we should have a lot of TV viewers.

Re: Potomac on Animal Planet?

I doubt there will be enough room ringside for Animal Planet anyway!

They'll wind up squashing the gnomes lol. Not enuf room ringside or in the parking lot. I don't think anyone wants to lose their spot.

Animal Planet came to the Bare Bones (Potomac) Speciality years ago, big whoop.

Nice thought but, not practical.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

To the people of Potomac,theres any way to talk to the Animal Planet or Discovery chanel networks so they can cover the event?Anyway were the #1 breed in AKC so we should have a lot of TV viewers.

Re: Re: Potomac on Animal Planet?

It would be awsome! People who can not come to the show would enjoy it at home!

I agree! We don't need them there taking up space! We almost need bleachers now!!

You'd be surprised how many people it takes to film a TV show. It's not just a man and his camera but rather a whole slew of folks. While this is a nice idea for those who can't make it and I know I'd even enjoy it myself but, I've been to the Potomac. There really is no more room and I don't think I'd be too happy traveling all that way (roughly 5000 miles), ready to immerse myself in a wonderful atmosphere with gorgeous dogs and great people only to be elbowed out for the sake of a TV crew.

The venue that the LRCP has is great and if by chance someday the venue is changed to a larger site then perhaps Animal Planet would be something to consider. In the meantime maybe a small group (small as in just a hand full of people) would be interested in some low key film making and could shoot the Potomac like B roll (the behind the scenes stuff we frequently see using a much smaller camera) instead of making it a major thing. Maybe someone could hook up the LRCP for a fundraising venture and sell the DVD's afterwards.

Just my $.02.

Aloha,
Kim

Re: Re: Re: Potomac on Animal Planet?

hi kim,
good idea a DVD would be great!

and by the way I understand how many people it's need for that kind of transmition..

Oh, my, this would be awful! I even hate going to weddings where there is someone walking around with a video camera. Can you imagine the private conversations that could be picked up, and overheard? What if you are sitting ringside with a friend, and making comments, both good and bad to each other, and it was picked up on the video? Sometimes the behind the scenes stuff is better off being left right there; behind the scenes.

Hey breeder get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!whats wrong whit you you dont whant a dvd record because they can hear you talk bad about others,PLEASE

The dvd idea is great so you can keep great memories of all dogs!

It is not a matter of talking bad or good. It is about privacy. Video cameras invade privacy. I saw a very embarrassing moment for the bride's father on a wedding video. He was having a private conversation that was caught on tape, and ruined his relationship with his daughter and son in law. I hate anyone near me with a video camera, and I would really hate one that I was not aware was there. Leave Potomac like it is-perfect.

Re: Re: Re: Potomac on Animal Planet?

My comment was "like B roll", which is how behind the scenes stuff is usually filmed in larger productions. I didn't mean to actually film the behind the scenes stuff at the P. A person with a smaller camera, a camera that is generally used for B roll functions in larger productions, could capture the show and trials, ringside, not eavesdrop on conversations. Doing it this way would be much less intrusive. I should have been more clear.

Aloha,
Kim

If you want to be in Animal Planet with your Lab, go to the AKC Eukanuba National Championship, of course, is by invitation only, if you are not invited, watch Animal Planet.

It wouldn't be Animal Planet but I do have a friend in Briards who is a very talented filmaker and has begun to film DVD's of various breed specialties. If the club is interested in contacting my friends for more information, feel free to e-mail me. It would be nice to know that if we missed actually seeing anything, we could buy the DVD later. Just a thought.

I think is a greay idea but your frind should contact the club I think they have a lot on there mind,but he should!

I'll mention it to them. Good idea.

I'll be very happy when the Labrador isn't the #1 breed.