Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Discharge after ovulation

I am breeding a three year old female. This is her second attempt as she didn't get pregnant on her last season (this is her first litter .... hopefully).

Anyhow, I progesterone test to confirm ovulation whether I'm breeding naturally or fresh chilled. She was 7.1 on Monday so I bred her on Tuesday and Wednesday. What I'm most confused about is her discharge. She is still dripping bright red. Shouldn't it be a clearer colour by now?

Progesterone has clearly told me I bred at the right time but mother nature is really fooling with my head.

Should I be worried or satisfied that all is well?

Re: Discharge after ovulation

go by your progesterone numbers and not the color of the discharge.

Re: Re: Discharge after ovulation

I had the very same thing happen. Not just drops but spotting for sure. I can't really help since my girl is not that far along either. I am just hoping everything was fine. I just have never seen that much spotting afterward being bred. Best of luck for you also.

Re: Re: Re: Discharge after ovulation

I've had girls i've bred that kept bleeding for a week or so after bred and they went on to have a litter. Stop worrying as what will be will be and there's not a thing you can do to change it .
Aloha,
jackie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Discharge after ovulation

Forgot to say if she missed last time you might want to think about putting her on amoxi for a couple of weeks, 500mg twice a day.
Aloha,
jackie