Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whelping Box Liners

Does anyone know of a Company that sells fleece
in rolls, the type that has the rubber backing?

Thanks.:)

Re: Whelping Box Liners

JB Wholesale

http://www.jbpet.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=522_655&products_id=1149

However, I must say I bought some small area rugs and bath matts at Walmart that fit in the washer, and they work better.

Re: Re: Whelping Box Liners

We have an expensive Fleece, but after about two weeks......I find myself loving bathmats, and beach towels, plus old bed sheets alot better. All of those dog linens fit in our washer, and we use the "no dye/or perfume" detergent plus a little bleach. Makes the eight weeks alot more enjoyable....especially once you start worming those chubby puppies. After a few weeks our Mommie doesn't clean up after them with as much vigilance. We have the Jonart Vet Fleece, and it's great, but we recommend bathmats much more........

Re: Re: Re: Whelping Box Liners

Thanks! I prefer 1 solid piece in my whelping
box. Matts, towells etc are far to easy for a
little puppy to get under and get smothered
or stepped on by mom.

I have the Pupps Profleece mats and they are wonderful! Pricey, but worth every penny. They don't have a rubber backing, though they do stay in place very well. I know they sell them in rolls, but I ordered mine cut to fit my whelping boxes. They are machine washable, but I did have to buy a new washing machine to accomodate them because they're so large. My old, small washer couldn't get them completely clean, but I needed a new one anyway. I also prefer one piece in my boxes and the carpet remnants I was using before became too cumbersome.

Pet Stop in Janesville, WI also sells fleece with rubber backing. They will also cut to any size you require. You could probably do a google search for their website. I'm not sure if they have one though.

I usually go to Menards and purchase carpet padding cut to the lengths of my whelping box. This is relatively inexpensive. Then I make one cut (width) when I get them home. I use one to two a week for the first three weeks. The pups can get traction while moving around and moms don't move it around as they continue to dig after whelping. They've worked well for me.