Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bare Bones Entries

I was just on the Infodog website to enter my dogs for the Bare Bones Specialty and they are charging a $15 processing fee for EACH dog. Has anyone else run into this? I want to enter 4 dogs. IMO that's a lot to charge for a processing fee!

Re: Bare Bones Entries

Infodog has always charged a $15 fee for entries going to a show secretary.

Re: Overnight to Show Secretary

If your worried about the dealine just overnight your entries to the show secretary. It will cost you about $16.50

Re: Re: Overnight to Show Secretary

Ok Thanks! That's a lot better than a $60 processing fee for 4 dogs....Highway robbery IMO

Yes, in fact $16.50 for all four dogs is a lot better than $15 for each dog. I don't disagree that it's highway robbery, but there are other alternatives that will get your entries there on time. Also, if you want to increase your chances that overnight really means overnight, DO NOT use the US Postal Service overnight. Once burned, thrice shy - I use Fedex, but UPS or DHL should do the job also. Good luck, and don't spend so much time griping to the Forum that you miss the deadline!

Re: Re: Bare Bones Entries

Thanks to all who answered the question about the infodog service fee. I just got back from a soccer tournament so I am just now reading the postings on the forum. Some people use an entry service but they can be rather pricey.

Overnight your entries using FedEx, etc, as Greg said I would not trust the USPS Express Mail - they do not guarantee overnight to all areas. The entries do not close until 6:00 pm on Wednesday, Oct. 10th so you can use standard overnight with FedEx or if you only have a couple of entries we do have fax entry service - I believe the fax has a service fee of $3.50 per entry of dog.

Cheryl Little
Bare Bones Show Chairman

Re: Re: Re: Bare Bones Entries

Just to add to Cheryl's post...the new fax number is 703-940-9141.

Thanks for all you do Cheryl!! You're the best!!

To add to Cheryl this is a cut and paste from the PDF Bare Bones Entry form.
Facsimile Machine entries accepted up to closing time. For MasterCard/Visa cardholders ONLY.
A $3.00 charge will be added to each entry. Be sure to include cardholder's name, address, card number, expiration date and signature. Fax number: 703-940-9141. A $2.00 fee will be added for entry cancellation by fax. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt of legible or complete transmission (under AKC Rule Chapter 11, Section 4).
Looking forward to seeing those who are going!!