Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Word for the day - Temperament

That's TEMPERAMENT not Temperment!!!!

Something Labs are supposed to possess a good one of!!

Some of you should look it up and try it out!!

Re: Word for the day - Temperament

MANNERS! Something humans are SUPPOSE to possess.

sense of "humor" keeps life worth living?

and "tolerance" for those not blessed with one?

spell check not needed

Can you imagine what it is like living with the "dictionary queen" or the "spelling police"? You know this need to "correct" everyone's errors isn't just exhibited here. ANAL is putting it mildly.

I was just thinking that very same thing. I wonder if they have ever been married. Wouldn't that be awful?

Re: Re: Word for the day - Temperament

Oh my! I have to say I am concerned about the temperaments of all those crabby people who had to complain about the dictionary queen.

Something Labs are supposed to possess a good one of!!

What grade was it when they said
"A preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with"

just being a wise guy

Don't apologize "wise guy" the Dictionary Queen needs to know what it feels like.

...and you do know that joke about ending sentences with a preposition...?

I love it! So tired of this grammer thing. Don't these people have a life. It is really sad that all they have to do is watch and criticize everyone for everything. Who made them in charge of anything. Wonder what is wrong with people that they think they have to jump in here and correct adults. Some weakness in themselves.

Re: Re: Re: Word for the day - Temperament

Ah so you actually GOT the joke!!
DUH....

Re: Re: Re: Word for the day - Temperament

I think the spell queen will be out of town for a few days...she's leaving today..so we can all spell bad again! lol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Word for the day - Temperament

Is she going to the nationals or wrong person.

Would it kill anyone to learn how to spell breed related terminology correctly? It is just as easy to do something properly as it is to appear ignorant. Everyone makes mistakes, typos, slips of grammar and is guilty of mispelling from time to time, and who really cares? But, because so many use these terms improperly, I would think that taking the time to point out that temperament has an "a" and that conformation has to do with the FORM of the dog and not something having to do with religion, this should not cause anyone to start getting nasty.
Frankly, I really don't care if anyone chooses not to use the language properly...it only enhances those who do.

if you don't care, then why post?

Because, while I do not care how someone choses to spell or speak, I DO care when people act with nastiness.

Well if you axe me, everyone needs to learn how to be nicer,not just how to spell more better!

This reminds of a birthday card I picked up at Walgreen's the other day.

2 girls sitting at a table.
1st girl says "Where are you having your party at?"
2nd girl says "Don't use a preposition at the end of the sentence."

Open the card and the 1st girl says, "Where are you having your party at Bitch!?"