Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Litter Registration

I am confused about the litter registration forms on the AKC site, and before I call them, I thought you good folks could clear things up for me.

I am going to do an AI breeding with shipped chilled extended semen. Can I do an online registration or do I have to do the paper form? Anyone have experience with this?

Re: Litter Registration

Depends. Are you registering it as an AI collected and signed by a vet? Or, was it collected by the breeder and shipped? If so, it needs to be registered as a natural breeding.

Re: Re: Litter Registration

It will be breeder collected and shipped, and the breeder talked about doing the online form. So I guess the AKC will assume it's a natural breeding. I don't really care, I just want the paperwork to go through. Is that what most normally do, just do it online even if it's really AI and shipped?

Re: Re: Re: Litter Registration

AKC says AI's must be done by a vet, and not by the owner of the stud dog. Dumb. Hopefully, they will come to their senses, but in the mean time, shipped semen not collected by a vet must be registered as a natural breeding.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Litter Registration

Wonderful, thanks for the input. As I wait for my girl to come into season, I am working out all the details!