Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
progesterone #

My girls progesterone #'s were 3.0 on blood drawn Monday and todays blood draw was 9.0 Does it sound like breeding her tomorrow and Saturday will work?
I am always second guessing myself. Other opinions help ease my mind a lot!
Thanks

Re: progesterone #

I would not wait any later than Thursday.

Re: Re: progesterone #

ditto

Re: Re: Re: progesterone #

I am thinking that I am okay with this 3. With 3.0 on Monday my guess is that she ovulated at 5.something yesterday and is fine for tomorrow & Saturday. This is a natural breeding so I don't have to panic that I do not have any time to get chilled semen here.
Always nervous until i am holding puppies!!!
Thanks again

Re: Re: Re: Re: progesterone #

Went to the stud with my bitch today. She still has a fairly dark discharge, the stud was not very interested, she is still not flagging. We did an AI but she did not contract at all. What's up with this? Mon 3.0 & Wed 9.2 so she should have been 5 ish Tuesday according to Mon & Wed numbers meaning today is 2 days after ovulation and an optimal day to breed. We are going to do it again on Saturday.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: progesterone #

I might try again tomorrow. Saturday might be too late.

Has she been around other bitches and is she flagging with them?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: progesterone #

Could she have plateau'd or could the lab be off by some small chance? You might want to invest in one more level to be sure.

Not flagging with other bitches or if you scratch her rear which usually will make them flag if they are going to. She was not interested in being bred today nor was the stud very interested in her. She was bred today though so I do not think that I need to go back tomorrow today would cover tomorrow fine. On the chart I have that says what progesterone #'s to go by it says that a bitch will ovulate between 4.0 & 10.0 . Perhaps she has just ovulated (yesterday 9.2) and I am a day or two early. I can only hope!!! If that is the case she & the stud will probably act differently on Saturday.
Thanks again

I have found that they are usually interested in each other on the early side - not later?

I guess time will tell anyway. The #'s say it's good - hoping Saturday she & the stud behave differently. If the 3's are right she was bred today , an AI with fresh semen - that should last a while....... I will post about this again Saturday and let you all know how it went. Thanks again for the responses to this.