Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
birthday falls on show day

I am entering a two day show and my puppy will be exactly 9 months old on the second day of the show. If I am correct, I will enter 6-9 mo class on the first day of the show and 9-12 mo class on the second day of the show. Correct? Thanks!

Re: birthday falls on show day

That is correct. We just had that same scenario.

Re: Re: birthday falls on show day

If it is a 2 day show you enter the pup in the age group of the first day.
If it is 2 separate shows you have to enter both age groups.
I had a pup that turned 9 months on the second day at the Potomac and they told me to enter 6-9 month even though she was 2 days older when she went in the ring.

Re: Re: Re: birthday falls on show day

So if this is a two day specialty, I enter 6-9 on both days??

Re: Re: Re: Re: birthday falls on show day

Yes, if it is 1 show that lasts 2 days.
My girl was in sweeps on her last last day of the 6-9 month age and in the 6-9 month class in breed when she was 9 months 2 days.

Re: Re: Re: Re: birthday falls on show day

If it's two days of specialties (2 separate shows), then 6-9 the first day and 9-12 the second day. If it's a 2 day show (the same show but judging spread over 2 days, then it's 6-9.) Sounds like it's the first scenario.

Re: birthday falls on show day

A friend of mine (a Candian girl) lost a big win because she didn't understand it. We always enter the apropriate age group (1 day 6-9, second day 9-12) she assumed it was the same in the US. She had won a Major on her second day and later lost it when they had figured out she had entered under the wrong class. She was really upset! But it was a lesson learned.

Re: Re: birthday falls on show day

My advice would be to call the show super. That's what I did and they explained it.