Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Proud Mama brag from the Nationals

We're home safe and sound from the Nationals and boy was it alot of fun. A long week but well worth it. Some very lovely dogs in the ribbons! Our brag for the Koa Labrador gang is our 9 year old daughter Kawai put the first ever agility leg on our boy, Can CH Koa's Top Gun, WC and then went on to win the Novice Junior class and went back in for Best Junior and absolutely thrilled her dad and I by winning Best Junior Handler in Specialty!!!!!!!!!!!! This is her first ever Best Junior Handler win, so what a way to do it :-) ! We floated home. Huge thanks to the judge, Noreen Cartright, who had the nicest comments and congrats to all the kids and to all of the wonderful people ringside who cheered and cried along with us!!!!! This is definately one we'll never forget!

Chantel & Kawai

Re: Proud Mama brag from the Nationals

Congratulations....that's wonderful, you must be very proud!

Re: Re: Proud Mama brag from the Nationals

Cool Beans!!!!!Way to go. I love watching the kids.

Congratulations on Best Junior! What a wonderful win!

Best junior and an agility leg!!! WOW what a great thing!! you should be a very proud mom indeed

barb

Re: Re: Proud Mama brag from the Nationals

Congratulations - that is fabulous. YOur daughter must be walking on air. What a great weekend for her.
If you are like me it is totally nerve wracking to watch your child compete. I was much more nervous watching my daughter show dogs than showing them myself.
Judy

Re: Re: Re: Proud Mama brag from the Nationals

That is the worst part for me too, the nerves. But she's a calm and collected kid, so I shouldn't get as nervous, but I think I always will:-) And yup she's still smiling. We both are!!

Chantel

Congratz, be a proud Mama of all. You certainly have the right to be one. Stay on your cloud for a while and enjoy it there.

Kawai looked very polished and professional -- she deserved the win. I haven't read the entire thread so I am not sure that it has been mentioned, but she won over a young man that had been showing very well in the breed ring.

I must say that I was plaesantly surprised watching the juniors. They showed just like anyone of us would in the breed ring, none of the silly things juniors were expected to do.

As it was said at a banquet, these juniors are the future of our breed!

Johanne