Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back Biting?

We're going to lose this forum if we don't stop back-biting each other!

control yourselves!

Re: Back Biting?

I gotta tell you, I think this forum is in its death throws. Jill doesn't have to pull the plug; the forum is dying from self-contamination. Sort of like those balanced aquariums we learned about in high school. If the balance is right, the aquarium thrives. If the balance is wrong, the mini-world contaminates itself and dies.

Time was, some of these little spats were amusing. Now they have taken over the forum and a day does not go by that someone is not sniping at someone else. It has become tedious and boring. So much so, that many days I just can't be bothered. I mean, who cares? Soon nobody will be left except the trolls. They can have the forum. It will be like a sleazy bar and all the low lives will have it to themselves.

Re: Back Biting? Humor Injection

Ok. so my back is just fine. BUTT If we are into biting of any kind I would like someone to take a few large chunks out of my bunns pluuhheeez!

Well, the private mail forums are the same IMO. All you see is cograts posts and if a discussion gets started can they all do it peacefully. NO.

Then yo have the "other forum" a few there starting posts just to stir trouble. Why? Because they think they are better than others just becuase they don't do things certain a certain way. Some feed off the nonsense. Some ignore. In the end they will be left with no friends because the true colors are showing. And, NEVER SAY NEVER. My favorite mentor taught me that one. Good lesson.

A new Direction

I hate the all the rude and nasty attitudes as much as the next guy, and I also hate the fact that so many posts gets infected with this attitude, but I do not want to lose this forum.

I think, as much as we hate the negativeity, we just have to take the bad with the good...trolls and all, because it would be a real shame to lose this forum altogether. As hard as it may be to not address the rudeness when it rears it's nasty head, I think the only way it will stop is if we ignor it altogether. Just don't respond to it. Stay on topipc, etc.

Just as when training our dogs, bad behavior should never be rewarded, and that's just what we're doing when we respond to it, even though we're just hoping to shut them up. And if the nastyness still continues, well so be it. Would we rather lose this forum than put up with some of the sh*t we get from it too???? It's too valuable a resource if you ask me.

Should we have to put up with the bad attitudes? NO!

Do we get a lot of pats on the back and congrats here too? YES!

Do we get questions answered when we have them? YES!

Do we recieve info and help when need it? YES!

Let us not lose this forum just because of a few bad attitudes, please. From this point on, let us make no more mention of the problem, and just ingor it.

"When you point a finger at someone else, four fingers point back at you" -- valuable proverb learned in 3rd grade from the nuns.
I don't know what you are specifically referring to, must have missed it -- but here's a thought:
Why start a whole new thread so everyone chimes in, negatively, to say how much they dislike negativity?
Why not IGNORE it? The trolls will get tired of getting no response and move along.But keeping it going makes no sense.