Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Home Again

Where do we update Home Again chips for new owners? I have left many messages at the Home Again site and via email. No response .....is it now CAR?

Re: Home Again

When the two companies split CAR kept the number that is on the old yellow tags. Both companies allegedly have the same data base. I found that some of my older dogs were not in either system when I went to update my contacts. I had a bit of a time getting everything worked out. You can update records and transfer a pet via the web site at www.akccar.org. They also have a printed form you can down load. The transfer is $12.50. You can call them at 1-800-252-7894 or fax at 919-233-1290. New tags are $6.00 and are much better than the old yellow ones.

Check where you got your chips. Maybe they can help you.

Re: Re: Home Again

Thanks so much Yureeka!!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

When the two companies split CAR kept the number that is on the old yellow tags. Both companies allegedly have the same data base. I found that some of my older dogs were not in either system when I went to update my contacts. I had a bit of a time getting everything worked out. You can update records and transfer a pet via the web site at www.akccar.org. They also have a printed form you can down load. The transfer is $12.50. You can call them at 1-800-252-7894 or fax at 919-233-1290. New tags are $6.00 and are much better than the old yellow ones.

https://www.homeagainid.com/enroll/today.cfm
If you wish to enroll with Hone Again you can do so online using the above link. Both AKC CAR and Home Again will register and maintain a database to track Home Again chips. Both have told me when I inquired that if they are called and do not have the chip registered in their database they will refer the caller to the other. I can only hope this is so. Some register with both as a precaution.
Hope this helps.
Trish